Saturday, September 22

Tumblebugging Without Tomas = No Fun!

This weekend, Little T is camping with his dad and dad's family. I'll bet he's having a great time. I tried playing Tumblebugs (an online Yahoo game I bought a couple of years ago) and found it's no fun anymore without Tomas! When he was a baby, he'd make his way to me and my computer. I'd pick him up and put him on my lap and he'd happily watch me save Tumblebugs until he'd literally fall asleep.

These days, he's quite a bit bigger and heavier and doesn't fall asleep on my shoulder anymore. He is saying the colors, though, and that's really great!



The Tumblebugs are red, yellow, green and blue and, when you get to higher levels, purple and brown. As I "free" the bugs by matching them in threes, I'll say the colors. He's been repeating them after me: "reh", "rehl", "een" and "boo". As we successfully finish a round by saving all the bugs, he'll call out "yaaay!" There are some rounds where he will participate with me by hitting the space bar to move Tumble back and forth across the screen.



He enjoys it when we get to cartoons (after 3 rounds) and I read each one aloud. He gleefully anticipates the evil laughter of the black bug king (me) and will give out with his own sinister laugher.

I'm so used to his presence and I enjoy playing with him on my lap so much that it just seemed really weird and no fun at all to play by myself. Ah well, T will be back tomorrow night and I'll enjoy Tumblebugs again!

Family update: My mom was in the hospital overnight. I think she had a flare up of diverticulosis but I'm not sure. She had some tests done today and I'm hoping she's home and feeling better now.

TB managed to do some driving and walking today. He was anxious to get out of the house and so we went to get some pet stuff and a new keyboard for me so that I can have volume control! The rest is doing him good although he still has pain when he's walking or driving...even when he's resting.

1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

I love the top photo!!! That is just so great.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over