Sunday, November 18

Where Are My Common Folder Tasks?

Sometimes I hate my computer. TB got the virus off it but in the meantime something got corrupted or lost: my common folder tasks. You know when you go into your documents and on one side you've got all your folders and on the other you've got the mundane tasks you carry out with a click and without thinking much about it? These are the tasks that say things like copy to folder, move to folder, publish file to the internet and so on.

Well, mine are gone. All I have are the folders and it's driving me buggy trying to figure it out. TB's been trying to help me but he's stumped too. I already know about going to tools, Folder Options, General and then trying to click show common folder tasks in folders...for me it's not even an option. I can't choose it because it's not enabled, it's grayed out. So then I tried system restore about 10 times and the computer won't go back to any date before the virus hit. I know the virus is wiped out but what's the point in restoring from there when that's when the problem started? I think I'll go sit in a corner and cry.

But at least I got some Nano writing done. I have written 33% of 50,000 words and I'm real happy with that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cassie!

What you might have to do is reformat your whole hard drive. It sounds like the virus destroyed your files and register stuff and if so, you won't be able to get them back. You have to put in the restore disk that you got with the computer to reformat. It will cause you to lose stuff you haven't saved to disk. You can try saving what is important now before you do this, but we think this is what you're going to have to do.

Love, Dawn and Kim

P.S. we are sorry to be the legions of doom.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over