Tuesday, July 17

Ten Favorite Movies From My Childhood

I'm not sure why I'm feeling such a fibromyalgic malaise, gloom and doom--the effects of a good vacation could not have worn off this quickly! At any rate, I have to look for other ways to bring my mood up and a fun meme like Ten on Tuesday definitely qualifies!

10 Favorite Movies from Your Childhood

I'm not sure what age the cutoff for my "childhood" is, but I'll just list down the movies that I remember fondly from my youth:


I think my childhood was over by 1968, the year of so many assassinations and the year I was in junior high (a thoroughly miserable experience) so my list goes up to about then. In no particular order:

1. West Side Story
2. The Great Escape
3. The Sound of Music
4. The Russians Are Coming, the Russians Are Coming
5. It's A Mad, Mad, Mad Mad World
6. Born Free
7. The Longest Day
8. In The Heat of the Night
9. The Happening
10. Savage Sam

3 comments:

PJD said...

Your top three are terrific movies, definitely. I remember liking Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, but I think I might have been too young to understand most of it at the time. Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

I remember laughing out loud at The Russians are Coming!

Gudmans Dautter said...

Hi- I loved your comment on the "Ten on Tuesday" site, and just wondered if we are about the same age. I think we are. Loved your movie choices and now want to go back and change all of mine. We sure liked some not-really-for-children movies, didn't we.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over