Monday, October 8

Club Sandwiches

So my brother, me, my cousins and TB and his sister are all members of The Sandwich Generation. What, are we a bunch of club sandwiches, turkeys and hams? No...the online Merriam Webster definition is as follows:

Main Entry: sandwich generation
Function: noun
: a generation of people who are caring for their aging parents while supporting their own children


Several factors make being the sandwich stuffing really difficult:

--our own health issues
--the stress placed on our lives from scrambling around trying to meet everyone's needs
--feeling guilty about not being there or doing enough or not wanting to be there
--elderly parents are stubborn about letting others help them
--the financial drain on us: college, health bills, gas expenses, etc. etc. etc.
--we usually do not take care of our own needs because there's a long line ahead of us

This website seems to have some useful information and I found a blog called Sometimes I Feel Like A Piece of Bologna. That brought a big smile to my face!

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over