Wednesday, February 13

Thursday Thirteen #132: Valentine's Day


Thirteen Favorite Quotes about Valentine's Day and Love



In honor of Valentine's Day and for my own true love, TB, my favorite quotes:

1. Love may not make the world go round, but I must admit that it makes the ride worthwhile.
- Sean Connery

2. Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
- Robert Browning

3. If music be the food of love, play on.
- Shakespeare

4. It's not the men in my life that count -- it's the life in my men.
- Mae West (1892-1980)

5. Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.
- Jules Renard

6. Where there is love, there is life.
Mahatma Gandhi

7. To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.
Unknown

8. For you see, each day I love you more
Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
Rosemonde Gerard

9. Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.
Tennyson

10. If I were pressed to say why I loved him,
I feel that my only reply could be:
'Because it was he, because it was I'.
Michel de Montaigne

11. All love that has not friendship for its base,
is like a mansion built upon the sand.
~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

12. You come to love not by finding the perfect person,
but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
~ Sam Keen

13. "For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
~ Judy Garland


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Gattina said...

We had the same idea, lol ! Fortunately my 13 quotes are different and from "anonymous"

Anonymous said...

Those are some very lovey words, just right for today. Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

The Cat Realm said...

That bathing video is soooo funny!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over