Sunday, May 25

Easy Like Sunday Morning & Making It Count

This weekend's posting has focused on hugging and dedications to Bonnie Underfoot, a well loved "attack tabby" that passed away suddenly.

That's the thing about life. There are no guarantees and there are no due dates that we're aware of other than birthdays, wedding anniversaries and other similar holidays. We don't know how much time we have with our loved ones. And since we don't know, shouldn't we make the time we do have very special, as if we wouldn't see each other again?

Here is one thing I know: I am comforted by the fact that I spoke to Rich about our feelings for each other the night he died. I didn't know he was going to and I was trying to give him comfort. He was distressed and worried. I think about how I would feel had we not had that conversation.

And so, make each day count with your loved one be it your spouse, your child, your grandchild or your beloved pet. Say I love you and give lots of hugs. Give quality time. You just never know.

So far we've had a glorious Memorial Day weekend. Each day has been sunnier and lovelier than the last. The cats especially have been enjoying the sun.

This window is to the right of my desk and it's a favorite amongst the three boys that hang out in our bedroom, Mouse, Cubby and Sox. This morning, Mouse is the one in the window.



I tried to get a picture of him chittering at the birds to draw them close but missed my opportunity by a few seconds!

I'm not sure why Mouse would want to lick the sill. It doesn't seem very appealling to me, but I'm not a cat!

Cubby found a nice square of sunshine to catch some warmth and rays.

The other popular windows in the house are in our living room. This is Sox, and he's just soaking up the rays and taking in the scenery.

Want more weekend cat blogging? Try these:

Weekend Cat Blogging at A Byootaful Life

Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos will be hosted by Kashim and Othello

Carnival of the Cats will be hosted by The M-Cats Club

Both carnivals are dedicated to dear feline friend Bonnie Underfoot who had an untimely passing to the rainbow bridge.

For all the latest, go to Blogging Cat Noos

7 comments:

Daisy said...

I am glad you are having a very wonderful Memorial Day weekend! And you are so right about making each day count.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

That looks like some nice, warm sunshine!

(((Hugs)))
~ KittyBoy

Christine and FAZ said...

You are right. We should appreciate all those around us and make very day count even in a little way.

maggie said...

I can't get over how much Cubby and Sox look like two of my babies. And Bonnie has the same markings as my other one. Ever since I lost my mom, I make it a point of letting people know how I feel. Sometimes it feels a little awkward saying things to the non-touchy-feely crowd, but I think it's important. You just never know.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post. I agree wholeheartedly about letting our loved ones know, every day, how special they are to us.

You all look so cozy in the sunshine! Happy Memorial Day.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Ellen Whyte said...

We still miss Scoop (our old cat who passed away last year). One thing that helps is that we know he really, really enjoyed his life.

Memorial day, huh? I don't think we have one of those in Malaysia.

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Errr...licking the sill? That is strange. Garlic loves to lick too, but only fingers and toes.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over