Tuesday, May 27

Tuesday Sundries

What a wasted day! Want to have a wasted day? Spend a morning in a family court in New Jersey trying to get the right thing done for a little boy! We waited and waited and waited and when we finally got in before the judge, Linda the Teflon Girl whines to the judge can we continue this so I can get an attorney?

And the judge does. Why didn't Linda get an attorney beforehand?

Not only that, when the lawyer tried to get temporary residential custody for Kennan the dad based on Linda's temporary residence with Grandma, all of a sudden there's no end date in sight and so Linda's not about to become homeless. And so there's no change in custody.

It was a total waste of time.

The new hearing is in six weeks. By then Linda will have scurried around and plotted to answer all the points we made in our statement so that by the time we go before the judge again in July we're going to look like idiots. There's a book about people like Linda--how they make people who try to do the right thing look like they're bitter, vindictive and wrong. Yep...that's how we'll look in six weeks.

And Ted's mother said some of the worst, hurtful things I've ever heard.

Teflon Girl wins again. Yes, I'm bitter ... now.



10 Favorite Time Wasters


1. Going to Family Court in New Jersey.

No, just kidding

1. Surfing the web randomly
2. Playing Chuzzles, a computer game
3. Playing Tumblebugs, see above
4. Farm Frenzy, see above
5. Polar Bear bowling, see above
6. Watch reruns of CSI
7. Label pictures
8. make lists in advance of Thursday 13
9. Stare into space and daydream
10. Straighten up my desk, a losing battle and total waste of time!



This week's theme/prompt is:
TAILS - Tell about your job (Or one you've had)


There was one interesting thing at court today: an interpreter for the deaf--and it turns out I know the guy! I used to be an interpreter myself for over 20 years and would like to say I loved every minute of it but I didn't. What I did enjoy:

meeting new people all the time
varying assignments so there wasn't much boredom
the language itself--it's so beautiful

What I did not enjoy:

physical and mental fatigue
pain in my wrists
panic attacks--yes, I used to get them right in the middle of interpreting and I always felt like I was going to die. It was probably the worst part of the job--not that all interpreters get them but I did and it was hell.

Sometimes I miss interpreting but the field's changed so much it's just as well I got out and stopped. It was going in a direction I didn't care to follow anymore. As one terp said to me years back: "It's just not fun anymore."

Music Memoirs


Another word association week. Remember name the first song/artist/album etc that you think of when you see these 10 words.

Country: Billy Ray Cyrus
Patriotic: Proud To Be An American
Summer: Beach Boys
Heat: Canned
Fun: Fun Fun Fun
Beach: Under the Boardwalk
Surf: Surfin USA
Park: MacArthur Park
Live: Eric Clapton Unplugged
South: The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Tina's Tuesdays

Topic: Fill In The Blanks...

1. If I could go on a dream vacation, it would be to Hawaii.
2. My 3 favourite things to do are: reading, writing and swimming.
3. If I could change the world, I would start with the environment we've practically destroyed.

5 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh MacArthur Park...someone left the cake out in the rain!

Love Under The Boardwalk too :)

Thanks for playing :)

Always Faith said...

Timewasters....nice list...i have to stay away from computer games....I have zero control of that timewasters...hehehe. Now if i could just stay way from internet games instead of just limiting them...hehehehehe

muffinmidi said...

I am so sorry that things didn't go well in court.I know people like the Teflon Girl.They can walk through s---and come out smelling like roses.eanwhile, the people tryig to do the right thinglook like idiots.Been there, had that done to me.

Forgetfulone said...

Interpretor? Very interesting! I bet it would make your hands and wrists hurt after a long day.

Barb said...

I once learned the signs for the letters in the alphabet.. I can only imagine how much more I would have had to learn to be "useful" at it.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over