Tuesday, June 10

Cats on Tuesday: Heat Wave



Today is the fourth day of a blistering heat wave here in the pine barrens. There is no sitting in open windows for these guys, much to their frustration. In fact, they wouldn't get to see out at all because I'd rather keep the blinds drawn and closed but they rebelled on me, pushing their heads through the slats. Mouse says, "Gotta see dem birdies!"


Amber: We can chitter to them about how cool it is in here and wouldn't they just like to join us! It looks like Amber's trying to see through the blinds but actually she is looking out through the same window as Mouse!


Cubby: Got anything nice and cold in this bedroom icebox, Mom Bean?
Me: Sorry, no, it's not that kind of box.

Some things never change. Sox's approach to dealing with the heat is the same as his approach to dealing with the cold: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ


Happy Cats on Tuesday! Want more? Click here.

Today is also Tuxie Tuesday.

For all the latest, check out Blogging Cat Noos!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, we do not like closed blinds one little bit! Open, Open, Open!!!

Gattina said...

Is it so hot that you have to keep the stores shot ? Here it's hot too but not so much. My cats only go out now in the evening when it has cooled down a little. for the moment they are all sleeping inside, while I am with my laptop on the terrace !

Daisy said...

I do the exact same thing when my Mommie tries to close the blinds. She does not like it when I try to climb through the closed slats.

Tybalt said...

I can't wait for this heat to break. It is making my mommy very grouchy, and it is so hot that none of us even want to play!

catsynth said...

Hope it cools down a bit for all of you soon.

Celeste said...

LOL Cute!

kuanyin333 said...

Hey, I'm like Sox...just snooze away into dreamland rather than deal! :-)

Andrew said...

I thought I would never say this, but I am enjoying the cat blogging. It is so great to see what your cats are doing through your eyes. Wonderful creatures they are!

Lux said...

I hope it cools down some soon! (Here too.) We like to see, too!

Dorothy said...

You're having a heat wave and we've only had three days of summer back on the first of May.

The windows stay shut here because it is too cold outside.

I'm sorry your suffering so, with the heat and other things. I hope everything gets better soon.

The kitties all look pretty and comfy.

Gretchen has given up sitting by the windows. She spends most of her days in a pillow cave on my bed.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Heat waves are no fun! We had one a couple of weeks ago, and it was painful, especially since the Germans don't "do" air conditioning, so we can't install one in our place.

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor cats with all that fur in all that heat! We live in a continual heat wave in Malaysia so Target and Au are experts at lying in the freeze of the fans :-)

Anonymous said...

We have been hot-cold-hot-cold here, but very windy always. I am tired of it. At last it is not a heat wave like you are having. I do hope things cool down soon for you and your kitties! I love your photos, very cute!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over