Monday, June 16

Monday Sundries

DO NOT TAKE THIS QUIZ UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND GOING THROUGH 5 MINUTES OF ADS AND SURVEYS TO GET TO THE TEST RESULTS!

I feel stupid for having done this but once I was 3 minutes into wasting my time I was determined to get to the end result. But I rated this quiz less than 1 because of the way they stick you with all those horrible ads.

Which LOST Character Are You?


Which LOST Character Are You?

Devbook Quizzes!!


Question of the Week

When I was a child, I used to have nightmares about skeletons that lived in my closet (I know you are all psychoanalyzing me now), and ghosts and/or vampires who lived in the attic who would come down through a ladder in the closet. When you were a child, were there any scary creatures that you thought lived in your bedroom?


Oh yes, when I was around 5 or so I was convinced there was a vicious wolf living in my closet. I could imagine his red fiery eyes and slavering jaws and if my closet door was open, I was sure he'd "get" me. I had my father checking and rechecking the closet and still wasn't convinced. That door had to be closed or I wasn't sleeping.

Diabestes and Sleep Apnea are linked


Well, ya know, I'm just not surprised about that at all. Sleep apnea causes a whole world of problems, especially if left untreated.

Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea linked
SAN FRANCISCO (UPI) -- Type 2 diabetes and obstructive sleep apnea are closely related and both have significant implications on public health, an Australian researcher says.

Paul Zimmet, foundation director of the International Diabetes Institute in Melbourne and co-chair of the International Diabetes Federation Task Force on Epidemiology and Prevention says, health policy makers and the general public must be made aware of the link between type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea so that all can begin to address the significant economic burden and debilitating health consequences to both individuals and the community.

"While type 2 diabetes is recognized as a serious global epidemic, the severe health consequences of untreated sleep apnea, especially in people with diabetes, are not," Zimmet says in a statement.

Recent studies show that obstructive sleep apnea is common in people with diabetes and estimates suggest that up to 40 percent of people with obstructive sleep apnea have diabetes.

The International Diabetes Federation statement that urges healthcare providers to address the relationship between type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea was presented at the American Diabetes Association 68th Annual Scientific Sessions in San Francisco and is published in Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice.




Copyright 2008 by United Press International

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over