Sunday, June 1

Sunday Sundries

Was junior high not bad enough for some people? I just read an article about a website where you upload your photo, answer some questions, and then later on you get an analysis of what people think of you based on your picture. The article says you have to have a thick skin to do this because the feedback can be pretty brutal. Now, really. Who would do this? Apparently lots of people because the website is down--I guess the webmaster didn't anticipate the traffic the article would generate.

Who's going to this website? Adults? Didn't we get enough of this kind of superficial judgment in junior high? Or are kids--teens and 'tweens--going here out of curiosity? If you don't have a thick skin and you upload your picture, who's to pick up the pieces when you're devastated by the "brutality" of the response? Needless to say, I'm not uploading my picture. I don't know if my skin is thick or not but I really don't care what others think of me just by seeing my picture.

The whole article is here.

Unconscious Mutterings

I say....and you think...

  1. Gossipping :: yakking

  2. Misplaced :: lost

  3. Spaceship :: UFO

  4. Ignore :: don't pay attention to

  5. Bodily :: functions

  6. Tweezers :: splinters

  7. Goodnight :: good morning

  8. Curls :: ringlets

  9. Faucet :: water

  10. Right? :: wrong!



Sunday Seven


Name your favorite shows of the 2007-2008 TV season.


1. Lost
2. CSI
3. Survivor: Micronesia
4. Cold Case
5. Criminal Minds
6. 60 Minutes
7. Battlestar Galactica

Blog Talkers


If you found $1000 dollars in an unmarked wallet on the street, what would you do? Be specific. Don’t just say, “keep it,” Or “turn it in.” WHY would you keep it? HOW would you turn it in? (And if you turned it in, would you follow up to see if anyone claimed it later?)

If this unmarked wallet has NO identification in it whatsoever, I'm keeping that money baby! Why? We are in such dire straits now I need it not only for bills but also for food and medicine.





You Are in the Genital Stage of Development



According to Dr. Freud, you've reached the genital stage of development.

Whatever issues you may have had in your childhood have been resolved.

You don't have any hang ups, and you are able to function as a stable adult.

You are the model of being well-adjusted, and you are able to balance your life beautifully.

1 comment:

Susan Demeter said...

I did not think about whether there would be no ID hmmmm My Blog Takers is up here:

My Life In The Urban Zoo

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over