Saturday, January 17

Saturday Sundries

Photo Hunt 145: Hat(s)




Until recently, we've never been able to get Little T to wear a hat. I think he's at an age now where he wants to be like his daddy--who is never without a hat of some kind--and so he's begun wearing caps that look similar to his father's. This picture was taken on a visit to Northlandz train museum a few months ago.



Camera Critters



Brofurly Love




The First Apartment

1. Where had you moved from?
From a boarding house situation (Methodist Home for Women) in Baltimore City.

2. Describe your first apartment.
It was a cute walk-up efficiency apartment in Bolton Hill, a very pretty section of Baltimore.

3. How old were you when you had your apartment?
I was 19.

4. Did you have roommates? If yes, tell us more.
No roommates, just my cat.

5. What was your place of employment then?
I was working at the Maryland Rehabilitation Center in the hearing and speech department. I took two buses to get there!

6. How were you finances at the time? Not bad. I was very frugal with my money and the rent was very reasonable.

7. Tell us about a lover who spent a night there.
No lovers while I was living there.

8. Tell us about a band you listen to then. (You can cheat. Look it up.) Chicago, The Moody Blues, Aerosmith and many others.

9. How long did you live there and why did you move from there? I don't remember how long I lived there. It wasn't that long. I moved because my pastor and wife wanted me to move in with them so that I could go to college. Biiiiiig mistake! I didn't realize at that time that the pastor had an antisocial type personality and learned the hard way!

The Saturday Six


1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used? The "f" bomb word. It's used almost everywhere. With younger people and in movies it seems to be every other word out of someone's mouth.

2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word?
The only word I can think of that really annoyed me is hearing President Bush say "nucular" for nuclear.

3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often? Please, thank you and excuse me

4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Word?




Your Word is "Love"



You see life as possibility to form deep connections with a few people.

Relationships are the center of your world, and you always take time to bond with those you love.



You are caring and giving. You enjoy helping those you love.

And when it comes to romantic love, you feel passionately ... even in a very long term relationship.



5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often? Probably LOL

6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever? I can't think of any

2 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

An interesting Saturday 9. A cat would be a great roomate! Have a good weekend...

Marites said...

Little T looks cute in a hat:) and I like those cats:) we got 7 of them. my Ws entry is here

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over