Monday, March 30

Pre-surgery liquid diet starts today!

had a strawberry protein shake for breakfast and it was really pretty good!

I am excited in that I know my surgery is coming up soon!

I am wondering if I will be able to stick to the liquids only diet for two whole weeks! I keep my "eye on the prize" and pray that I am strong enough not to waiver. We'll see.

I'm going to approach this the way I quit smoking. For the next five minutes, I will not eat. For the next five minutes, I will not eat. It will be a mantra.

I'm allowed to have:

fruit juice
bouillon or broth
carbonated beverages (but I already gave them up!)
cream/cheesy soups
coffee/tea
fresh/frozen plain yogurt
fruit drinks or punch (has to be sugar free)
ice milk
milk
my shakes
sugar free Jello
strained cooked cereal like cream of wheat
smooth ice cream
strained or blenderized soup
fruit purees
tomato juice
vegetable juice
all the water I want.

That's not too bad, I guess!

I'm hoping to get over to Lourdes by Thursday to visit an online friend who's having surgery today.

1 comment:

Nancy in PA said...

Congratulations on the start of the countdown! Keep up the good work... call me if you need help getting through a weak moment! Hugs!!!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over