Saturday, June 27

My how time flies!

TB had athroscopic shoulder surgery Tuesday morning and I haven't been online much since then. He's doing really well! The surgeon told me that they did quite a bit of repairs: there was a large tear and two smaller ones in or around his rotator cuff; removed bone spurs and free floating "matter" (ew, what was it? broken off pieces of arthritic bone spur?); and snipped part of his biceps. He came home looking like he was wearing half of a football player's gear! You can see a picture of TB and read his post here. He describes the gear really well! I am really happy this time around because he's in a lot less pain than he was after the first time he had shoulder surgery (on the other side). It bothers him but not nearly so much. He is still having pain in his back and neck so we have a ways to go before he's feeling a whole lot better.

Heidi moved back in on Wednesday. She wasn't happy living at Marianne's house. I kind of had a feeling that would happen. When I went to help drive back some of her stuff, Mari's mother came out to talk to me--like I didn't know my own daughter! She warned me to stay on top of Heidi about taking her "happy" pills. Ha! She also said Heidi wasn't getting along because she would get so angry and scream. I said, I told you about that. Duh. Then she tells me that Heidi hasn't saved any money for college and that she probably won't be able to afford to go because she'd get turned down for financial aid because of her poor grades the last semester she'd gone. Apparently she didn't know that Heidi filed an appeal to be reconsidered because of her circumstances at the time. :P She told me I had to stay on top of her to make sure she calls to follow up! Please!

That night, Kristin was up all night--not because she was yakking or anything but because she couldn't sleep. The next day, she was having mood swings, rapid cycling between being high and low. That was a little scary.

I totally missed cats in boxes day for Feline Friday. Oh well...

We had Little T with us on Friday and that was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of my two building engineers:


T and TB played with Lincoln logs in the afternoon when it grew too hot and we became too tired to go walking again


The Little T sideways look


TB the Builder


Surprise!


Tickle Tickle!

I'm really relieved that things went so well. We'd picked him up Monday afternoon and had to tote him around on some errands. He was terrific on the trips to the doctors' offices but then had a meltdown at the library that was pretty awful. :( It's a long story but we finally had to call Kennan to come get him because he'd planted his little heinie in front of the library sliding doors and we couldn't budge him! Reasoning didn't work, bribery didn't work, a swat on the butt didn't work and neither of us were strong enough to pick him up and carry him. We're concerned about being able to keep him safe as he gets bigger and stronger--it isn't all the time, but he's definitely got some oppositional defiant issues going on. :(

And...I weighed myself and found I'd lost another 2-1/2 lbs. Yay, me!

1 comment:

Tinnocker said...

You are doing so well with your weight loss sweetheart! I am so proud of you! You are the world's greatest Nan-na! (The world's greatest wife too!)
I love you!
TB

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over