Tuesday, October 13

Six Month Surgiversary Already!

On April 13 of this year, Dr. Greenbaum did my DS and what a difference that has made! Since that day, I've lost 80 pounds!

This is me on the day I consulted with Dr. G. Then I weighed 291. I lost 7 lbs pre-op.



Here is me, taken this morning:



This is me at my highest weight of 318.



I can't even wear those clothes anymore. They're long gone. I've shrunk into clothes I wore years and years and years ago. Almost time for totally new ones, right?

Another view. Then:



Now:



My DH was switched in November 2008. He's lost almost 200 lbs.

We no longer need meds for diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Our diabetes is in remission. I need a new sleep study to have my CPAP pressure lowered.

I have so much more energy! I was able to go on a 45 minute hike with my 5 year old grandson!

I don't get all out of breath if I climb stairs.

I'm not a hermit anymore.

I eat everything I enjoy, just in smaller quantities.

I feel good about myself again.

This surgery saved my life!

5 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Congratulations to you! That is so wonderful! You've made so much progress, it's inspiring!

Cindy said...

You look great!! I've though about the lap band. Too scared though, yet.
cindy

Gattina said...

This is marvellous ! what a difference, not only you melted, but you also got younger and younger !

Nancy in PA said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! This took courage and hard work and I am so excited for you that you are seeing and feeling such wonderful results!!!! Big happy hugs to you...

becomingkate said...

Wonderful pics. Congratulations to you both!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over