Wednesday, November 18

GiST 6 & Wednesday Memes

Small things today that made me happy:

1. Lying down to rest with a cat snuggled up by my feet
2. Listening to the sounds of my daughters chatting and laughing together
3. Hearing good news about TB's eye check--there's no more sign of retinopathy or any complication of diabetes. That's a big relief! Diabetes be gone!
4. I found three new memes to try out today!
5. More good news about TB. He didn't need to get an EMG (a nerve conduction test) on his back today because his latest MRI shows some improvement in his herniated disks and spinal stenosis. He probably will not need a laminectomy after all. Now if the pain would just go away!

Sepia Scenes


This is the first time I'm participating in this photo meme. It seems like fun! I've used this photo of Munchkin before but I wanted to see what it would look like in sepia. I was even thinking of using it as my banner for my Bookaholic blog. What do you guys think?






This weeks question is:

What in your life do you want to happen on its own?
Instant painless recovery from my adult child issues...ah, I don't think so, huh?

What else do you want this week? Share it all.
Some of these are possible and others, just plain fanciful:

fried eggs, grits & bacon for breakfast
a working dryer
meals that will cook themselves
the discipline to work on my story
snow

Fun! This is another meme I'm participating in for the first time. :)


Wednesday Media Mix

Here's another meme I've never tried before! Amazing day!

Today’s theme is comfort.


[Listen] What is the most comforting album that you have? It really depends on the mood I'm in but most likely it would be classical music. I love Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. Around the holidays, I love to listen to my Trans Siberian Orchestra albums.

[Watch] Which movie(s) gives you the best kind of warm fuzzies inside? The Disney movies or so-called family movies are the best for those warm fuzzies feelings.

[Read] Which books have given you a sense of comfort while reading them? (If you want, explain why.)
I've gotten the most comfort from the Bible. It's full of "comfort food" for the mind and spirit.

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over