Friday, December 11

Grace in Small Things 28: Better late than never edition!

Christmas shopping can be so stressful--the lists, the crowds, the money spent ... traffic, a feeling that the day is slipping away ...

Well, I had none of that today!

TB and I went around shopping for the grandkids today and it was fun. We didn't bicker and since we'd agree to simplify, simplify we found we had plenty of time to look around at everything. We could think about what we were doing. There was no rush to move on to the next item on the list.

We went into Borders at one point and a miracle occurred: we didn't come out with a trunk load of books! Oh, I won't say we weren't tempted. My hands itched for them terribly. If you've ever tried to stick to your food plan while being tempted by the dessert table you'll know what I mean. Success! We were able to manage the cravings for books. It felt good.

We were feeling tuckered when we got home so a nice nap was in order. It turns out that I slept like a log and didn't wake up until after 5. I knew I should get up and cut the chicken and cook it and that splurging on pizza wouldn't be a great idea but ... I decided to do that anyway. I got no argument from anyone else in the family, LOL.

All in all, it was a very satisfying day. :)

1 comment:

Gattina said...

I am never in a Christmas shopping rush ! I shop the whole year long when I see something which could please as a Christmas gift. Now I bought quite a lot of nice stuff in Egypt. I have a little place where I store all these things and I am ready for the 24th ! I also realized that just before Christmas the prices get up !

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over