This week's theme: three.
My cousins and me on a vacation to Ocean City, MD, around 1974--I think.
1. Which was the first childhood story you remember being told to you by your parents or grandparents? The first thing I can remember is nursery rhymes--does that count?
2. Which was the first childhood story you remember being read to you by your parents or grandparents? My very first memory is of "The Night Before Christmas". After that, I think it was "Little Red Riding Hood".
3. Which was the first novel you remember reading for your own pleasure, not for a class assignment? The first one I can remember is about the old lady detective. I can't quite get hold of her name, LOL. I keep thinking Mrs. Whittington but I'm sure that's wrong. The first novel was Lad: A Dog when I was in 4th or 5th grade.
4. Which was the first novel you remember reading that really pulled you into the story? All Aboard For Freedom. It was about Czechs (I think) who escaped Nazi Germany. and the hero was a boy not much older than me when I read it.
5. Take the quiz: Which Alice in Wonderland Character Are You?
You Are the Queen of Hearts
To call you passionate would be a total understatement. You have quite a temper. You put fear into the hearts of everyone you know.
You are easy to make angry, and once you're angry, you may do or say anything. You love vengeance.
You don't like to be crossed. And while you can't say "Off with their heads!" when people make you mad, you wish you could!
There are a couple hobbies you're passionate about (perhaps croquet?), but even those can be sullied by the stupidity of others.
Guess it's my temper ... ;)
6. Which childhood story would you most enjoy telling to your kids? I think I enjoyed "Jack and the Beanstalk" most.