1. What were doing 10 years ago? It was 2000 and I was living on Long Island with Rich and the kids. On a Sunday, we might be grocery shopping, at the beach or park, or just hanging out. By this time, Rich was becoming more and more disabled and wasn't able to get around very well.
2. Five snacks that you enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world Oh boy: cheese curls, potato chips, honey mustard pretzels, honey roasted cashews, Snickers
3. Five things you would do if you were a billionaire: Buy a big piece of property with enough houses on it for everyone to have their own home, make sure everyone had a health insurance policy, take a trip to Ireland and to Hawaii, donate to my favorite charities (heart association, Marfan foundation, food pantries, homeless shelter, animal rescue organizations, Red Cross), and buy everyone a brand new car
4. Three of your habits: procrastination, blogging every day, taking vitamins and protein drinks around the same time every day
5. Five jobs that you've have had: interpreter for the deaf, mentor for interpreting students, teacher's aide, secretary, clerk typist
6. Five places that you've lived: Baltimore, Laurel, Columbia, Islip, Massapequa Park
7. Five things that you did yesterday: made corned beef & cabbage, watched The Departed, read my book, blogged, played Farmville
8. Five people you would want to get to know more about: I can't learn too much about my husband or kids
9. Abortion: for or against it? Against but I won't interfere with someone who chooses to get one
10. Do you think the world would fail with a female president? NO!
11. Do you believe in the death penalty? Yes
12. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already? Yes
13. Are you for or against premarital sex? It depends on the ages of the people involved. I'm definitely not in favor of it for teenagers!
14. Do you think same sex marriage should be legalized? I don't know. Civil unions definitely should be legal
15. Do you think it's wrong that so many Hispanics are illegally moving to the USA? The point is, I think it's wrong that we have illegal aliens--I don't care what the background is
16. Should the alcohol age be lowered to eighteen? NO
17. Should the war in Iraq be called off? Yes, we should have been focused on al-Quada and Afghanistan and finding bin Laden all this time.
18. Assisted suicide is illegal: do you agree? No. I think if a person asks for help and he or she is dying, then it shouldn't be illegal
19. Do you believe in spanking your children? Nope
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Well, I wouldn't be publishing my answers if I was all that worried.
Straight out of the Camera Sunday
TB and I went to Mystic, CT on our very first "vacation" in July, 2007. This picture was taken on the 4th of July. Mystic Seaport had a re-enactment of a July 4th celebration taking place in the 1890s and these soldiers are dressed up as Civil War veterans.