Once again, I seem to have fallen behind but I have lots of graces to make up for some of the downers that went on around here!
1. This is so small thing but a very large grace: Christ's resurrection and promise of salvation.
2. What a beautiful, lovely day! The sun is shining brightly and it's so warm out--it's almost summer-like!
3. Our grandson is such a joy. I was like a kid again on Friday when TB and I took the little guy to Ft. Medford to play. He'd been looking forward to it all week and was eagerly waiting for us on the front steps on his house when we pulled up. I'm sharing some pictures.
4. Up, down and all around--it's nice to know I can still get around play ground equipment! Here we are on the upper level of the fort, pausing a moment to have our picture taken.
I can still swing, too!
5. For some reason, I had a dread of going out that day but I fought it off and went anyway. We had such a wonderful time so it's a good thing I did!
6. We still haven't heard from the Making Homes Affordable program and it turns out our bank didn't give us as much information as they should have ... but the lady at HUD (Housing & Urban Development) was so helpful and supportive to me on Friday!
7. Both my son and daughter forgot they were supposed to renew their car registrations! My son was pulled over by a police officer who could have had my son's car towed but instead he allowed Bill to call AAA. Now we need to drive Bill around until tomorrow or Tuesday which is the earliest he can get to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.
8. Coloring Easter eggs with Tomas was so much fun yesterday!
9. I checked the leg of lamb in time so that it didn't become over-done! It cooked a lot faster than I anticipated!
10. I watched "Precious" last night and although it was sad or horrifying in places, I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen. I was riveted the entire time.
11. I was riveted by another book I finished in just a few days, A Fractured Mind, by Robert B. Oxnam.
12. I took on the challenge of a classic! I'm going to read Moll Flanders by Jonathan Swift. I'm not in high school so I don't have to bother with classics but I decided they were still important to me!
I love the expression on my grandson's face!
Sunday Stealing: The 35 Questions X 2 Meme: Part Two
36. If you suddenly became single or are single, do you think you could last in a relationship for 12 months or more? Yes
37. Do you forgive or forget? Yes
38. Do you trust people? It's very hard for me but yes
39. What are you not looking forward to?
40. Do you get mad easily? Not really but when I do, I tend to blow sky high.
41. Tell us about the last time you were told you that you have pretty eyes. TB said I'm his "brown-eyed girl". :D
42. Do you have strange dreams? Truthfully, I don't remember them.
43. Ever licked someone's cheek or forehead? Not that I can recall but I have licked the lenses of someone's glasses
44. Tell us about the last time you fell asleep in someones arms. Oh my goodness, it's been so many years I can't even remember.
45. When did you last play a game? Do online games count? It was this afternoon if yes. If not, then maybe a month or so ago.
46. What do you have on you at all times? A book
47. Do you go out in public without getting all dressed up? Posilutely!
48. Do you like fruity or minty gum? Minty
49. Favourite musician or group? Harry Chapin, God rest his soul
50. Do you like anyone? Of course I do
51. Favourite computer game? Farmville on Facebook
52. First album you ever went and bought with your own money? Neil Diamond--I think it was "Gold"
53. Think back five months ago, were you single? No
54. Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries?
55. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? Absotootly
56. Last thing you bought? Groceries. Ho-hum.
57. Are you a jealous person? Not really
58. Does it take a lot to make you cry? Yes, I don't usually cry easily.
59. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to? Yes, TB--my best friend
60. Have you ever had your heart-broken? Hasn't everyone?
61. Have you ever done something while drunk that you still cannot believe you did? Yes
62. Is there anyone you secretly wish you could be spending your time with right now? Nope, outgrew all that crush stuff
63. Do you text? Yes, rarely
64. Do you wish someone would call or text you right now? Nope
65. Is your life anything like it was a year ago? Yes, it's not that different
66. Go back one year on your blog. Leave us a link to your favorite post. I'm going to choose this one because having bariatric surgery really saved my life and gave me a chance to live normally again!
67. You can only drink ONE liquid for the rest of your life, what is it? Water!
68. Tell us about someone that you have lost contact with someone you wish you didn't. My best friend throughout junior and senior high. I've often wondered what happened to her and how she's doing. We connected so well back then.
69. What is the last thing you said out loud? "Hey, Kosmo!"
70. Will this year be better than last? I certainly hope so!!!!
- Philanthropy :: charitable works
- Said :: replied
- Blanks :: Duds
- Tapas :: tries. Um, what?
- Orgasm :: climax
- Movement :: dance
- Detention :: time-out
- Restaurant :: diner
- Weird :: odd
- Sniffle :: sneeze