Thursday, October 13

My 13 ways to relax

Thursday 13


Thirteen Ways I Relax


1. Napping
2. Blogging
3. Reading
4. Listening to music
5. Walking
6. Coffee in the afternoon
7. Turning in early
8. Praying
9. Sitting on the swing in our back yard
10. Turn in early at night and sleeping
11. Playing Lexulous/other Facebook activities like poking & commenting
12. Surfing the web
13. Trying to count blessings

Sleep turns up more than once on my list because it's my favorite way to escape from stress since I can't eliminate it. I don't know if I dream often or not. I remember snippets of dreams and they're not bad or scary. Right now, I can fall asleep pretty easily. It's especially helpful when I'm having a fibro day and am in pain. When I'm sleeping I don't feel the pain and I'm not worrying about how we're going to make it.

Blogging is a good way to let off some steam!

Reading is another means of escape. When I can fall into a good book, I'm not thinking about my problems.

Music lifts my spirits. If I'm feeling really tense, I'll play hard driving rock music. Most of the time, though, I want to listen to classical music to relax.

Coffee seems like a weird thing to put on a list about relaxing, doesn't it? I have it there though because it's a temporary mood elevator for me. I don't know how or why it works that way for me but it's really helpful.

I love playing Lexulous on Facebook. I also get a kick out of poking and being poked by friends. I also like Facebook because I can stay in touch with friends and family even though I can't travel and see them. Surfing on the computer is fun and can be really interesting too.

Praying and counting my blessings hasn't been working too well to relieve stress lately but I figured I'd put them down anyway.

Now I think I'll go read some articles recapping last night's Survivor episode.

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over