Tuesday, October 2

Cats On Tuesday: Why Indy Wants To Stay Upstairs

Awhile back, I wrote that Indigo had had some adventures anytime she tried to venture out of Heidi's room. Mostly she stops right at the stairs because The Three Katketeers can sense her approaching and they all rush to the foot, sit in a row and stare up at her. Indigo hisses, spits, and retreats. Heaven help the foolish feline that goes upstairs after her to steal her food or invade her premises!

Sometimes Heidi or Kristin will bring Indigo downstairs. She is one unhappy cat every single time that occurs! Normally very friendly and affectionate, she turns into Ms. Jekyll cat downstairs, becoming very stiff, hissing, growling and spitting. I figure it's because she used to be an "only" cat and her owner was an injured vet of a foreign war who had an artificial voice box. When the man died, his grand niece took Indy in and told me that she thought Indy had never even heard her name said aloud.

Anyway, this slideshow shows some of the reasons I'd bet Indigo prefers to live upstairs in Heidi's room. The whole album, with more descriptive captions, can be seen here



Indy’s Adventures

Want more cat blogging? Try these:

Cats on Tuesday

Tuxie Tuesday

Blogging Cat Noos

The cat lovers' blogs on my sidebar!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope poor Heodo gets used to the others ans comes downstairs. My older cat Sandy comes down now that the girls my kids don't try to touch her. For eight years we only saw her at night.

Lux said...

I love that name Indigo, and I'm glad she's got a safe place to retreat to!

FelineFrisky said...

Indigo is a wonderful name. I am glad she has a safe zone to reteat to.

All your kitties are so very pretty.

D :)

Mickey's Musings said...

Indigo is a pretty cat.I understand why she likes to be alone.I was an only cat for years before Georgia & Tillie came along.I like to get away too when I want quiet & snoozie time.

Gattina said...

What a nice "cartoon" I enjoyed it very much. Nothing is strange with cats, Indigo wants to live upstairs once she had decided it no human or others can force her to change her mind, lol ! That's like Kim who has decided to stay in her tent now ! I don't know, but I would rather choose a warm bed than a tent !

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a great slideshow. Indigo is lovely. I'm glad she has a place where she feels safe.

Andree said...

Indigo is TOTALLY gorgeous! You know, I had Frankie, who only lived in my room. He came out to eat and use the box. And when he did, he cleared the room. Everybody was scared of him. He was the meanest cat on earth but he loved me more than life and I still miss him after all these years. There'll never be another cat like Frankie. He was black too.

Celeste said...

Indigo is a ovely cat. Maybe after some time has passed , she will come down on her own.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over