Thursday, November 8

Little T At Play

Whew, I didn't think I was going to be able to make a post today...and this makes 250 on this blog! We had a long and busy day. TB and I spent a lot of time talking with my therapist, Susan, who is probably the best therapist I've had in all these years. Our stress level is so high we've decided to book a double appointment for a while to work on a plan to "emancipate" the adults. One of the first steps is to get Linda into her very own apartment near Little T's school--it's in walking distance. She'll have to get help from social services, of course, because she hasn't saved a penny in all the time she's lived with us.

When Little T first moved back in with us, one of the issues I worried about was his play was so repetitive and unimaginative. He's come so far in the 17 months he's been back home with us. At first, he would only open and close doors and lids. If I tried to get him to play with cars or blocks, he'd refuse or he'd insist on what I now call the "magic door" game. He would slide two toys together and then apart, like each was one of those sliding doors at the grocery store. The motion seemed to soothe him somehow because he'd get really upset if you tried to divert him.

Well, if you look at this clip, you'll see that he begins to use that game a little with the wooden trees but then he stops. He doesn't use full imaginative play yet but there is such a great difference between then and now! And I'm sure at some point he will say "Vrooom vroooom" on his own!



Mmm...Photobucket cut off my last screen. I put the camera down and played with my grandson and we had a great time.

1 comment:

ZOOLATRY said...

Hang on, hang in. Blessings or burdens at the end of each day... remember only the blessings.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over