Sunday, November 25

A Wonderful Laugh

It hasn't been all bad this weekend. Seriously.

Today, Billy brought down our Christmas decorations. He also raked up the leaves in the backyard while Kristin dusted and vacuumed. Once the inside was nice and clean, I began unpacking our holiday stuff.

Kennan just came to drop Little T off. Linda said to him that she'd forgotten to tell him about the parent-teacher conference on Tuesday. He said he'd try to make it.

I remembered that someone erased the appointment from the calendar and also the one for T's follow-up doctor's visit tomorrow morning. I said, "I thought Ted and I were supposed to do those things."

She gave me a weird look and said, "No, I'll take Tomas."

So I said, "I thought you were starting your new job tomorrow?" Supposedly she was going to start working at Bristol Meyers Squibb but had to pass a background check first. She'd said they called and said she pased so what was all this?

She gave me another weird look and said, "I don't know."

I said, "Look, just tell me the truth. You don't really have that job, do you?"

She looks at me and then at Kennan and then she says, "I don't want to say yes and I don't want to say no."

I thought I didn't hear right and she repeated herself. So then I said, "What kind of Bee Ess answer is that?" I didn't want to say the word in front of the little guy but I was genuinely astonished.

TB said: "In other words, she doesn't want to lie to you."

I couldn't help it. A laugh burst out of me and then I was nearly doubled over choking on it. I don't know what struck me so funny but whatever it was my body sure appreciated it!

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over