Tuesday, January 29

If I Had A Million Dollars...

Ten on Tuesday


10 Things You’d Buy If You Had a Million Dollars

There’s no getting by easy on this one like saying “giving it to charity” or “saving it for my kids’ college”. You’ve got a million dollars, and you’ve got to spend it on yourself. Your list can add up to a million dollars, or each of the items on your list could be huge million dollar splurges. Your choice! Be greedy, spoil yourself!


Okay...so I'm thinking practical things like putting it in savings to bail us all out of a financial disaster is also out. Okay...so here is what I would do.



1. I would like to be chauffeured around in a Rolls Royce. I really like the Silver Ghost but they don't make them anymore. This one, the Phantom, starts at $403,000


2. TB and I dream of retiring to Selbyville, DE. Why Selbyville? Well...my favorite actor when I was a teenager was David Selby of Dark Shadows and Falcon Crest. And??? I think Selbyville's the last town in Delaware before you cross the Maryland line. Anything else? My first roommate, Alice, was born and raised there. Um...so? Okay, so I can't explain it. This is the house. It's about $475,000.



3. I would book a 2-3 week vacation (flight, hotel, car) for TB and me to Hawaii. Cost: $15-16,000 plus expenses like food, entertainment, souveniers.

4. And how about a 14 carat Claddagh family ring? Been wanting one of those!

5. I'd also like to get TB and me on one of those European river cruises--through Germany, Poland, and the Ukraine.

6. While we're travelling, I'd like us to spend a couple of months in Ireland.

7. I'd like to get TB all the latest and greatest in electronics, computer stuff and toys

8. I would buy a building and run a no-kill shelter for cats. I don't have anything against dogs, just love cats more.

9. I would get an RV for Ted and me and we'd drive all around and visit all our friends and family

10. I would pay off all our bills

3 comments:

oneluvgurl said...

Thanks for visiting! Yeah, I would go for a green car, but I am not really into expensive cars but I know my hubby would totally have said some sort of expensive car immediately!

Men & their toys! lol!

Softi said...

Oooh I love the idea of being chauffeured around in a gorgoues car :) and that house is gorgeous!

tjohn said...

Great list! I love #8 - sneaky way to get around the "no charity" rule. ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over