Friday, June 13

Friday Sundries

Are you suspicious about Friday the 13th, believing that you're doomed to bad luck and accidents? Well, guess what! There is a study that shows that Fridays falling on the 13th of a month are actually safer than other Fridays!

A study published on Thursday by the Dutch Centre for Insurance Statistics (CVS) showed that fewer accidents and reports of fire and theft occur when the 13th of the month falls on a Friday than on other Fridays.


Of course, it's got everything to do with the fact that people are more careful or just stay home and hide on the covers on Friday the 13th! The whole article is here.

My youngest has been bringing me money. She's been selling her manga to her friends because she's so desperate not to have to leave our house before she's done with high school. I feel guilty taking the money but she would be insulted if I didn't. I think to myself, maybe I could sell my books too. What if I made a separate page and listed all my books? I wonder if anyone would buy any of them? I made a poll asking if folks think it's a worthwhile idea or not.



1. Visiting Ireland is high up on my bucket list.
2. My favorite quote is "Be who you are and say what you feel,because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ; it's from Dr. Seuss.
3. Other bloggers inspired me to start blogging.
4. Strawberries are best served with whipped cream and shortcake.
5. Strangers were in the last dream I remember having.
6. The most enjoyable time to go for a walk is in the early morning hours.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include trying to get organized and Sunday, I want to spend good quality time with my grandson!

Friday's Feast Number 193

Appetizer

Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist?
I like to think I'm an optimist

Soup

What is your favorite color of ink to write with?
For formal writing, black; informal, purple

Salad

How often do you get a manicure or pedicure? Do you do them yourself or go to a salon and pay for them?
Am I the only one who doesn't get them? The last time I got a manicure was just before my first wedding day--years and years ago!

Main Course

Have you ever won anything online? If so, what was it?
Not yet

Dessert

In which room in your house do you keep your home computer?
In our bedroom


Friday Fun

1. Any extra precautions for Friday the 13th? No, I really didn't think about it until just now
2. What superstitions do you have? When I was little, I believed them all. Now I don't have any, at least I don't think so.
3. Do you think there is really anything to superstitions, or is it something we just talk ourselves into? I don't think there's anything to them other than coincidence, bad karma, and a way to explain away bad stuff.
4. The movies,… good or bad? Scary or just campy fun?
They're baaaaad, way too violent!

1 comment:

Victor Tabbycat said...

Mom son keeps trying to come up with money-raising ideas, but only so he can buy himself more model trains and Lego trains! I can kind of relate to how your high schooler feels, doing what she can to help and expecting you to take the money she offers.

As for selling books, if you're ready to part with them and they're in good condition, great.
Thanks, too, for the Facebook warning.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over