Thursday, July 17

Busy Busy

Little active four year olds don't want to know from "It's too hot" when they want to go outside and blow bubbles. They don't want to be distracted with coloring or any sort of quiet crafts because their little bodies want to be in motion non stop. Whew! I really felt my age today! We spent the afternoon with our Little T and he is just a little whirlwind. I hadn't really noticed it so much on nice pleasant days when we can go out and let him play to his heart's content.

What else? Yesterday we stood on line for an hour in the blazing sun waiting to get a bag full of free fresh vegetables and fruit. I felt like I was going to pass out so I sat in the car for about ten minutes while TB braved the line. There were so many people there I couldn't guess a count and everyone was as nice and patient as could be in spite of the horrible heat. We were near the front of the line and I hope everyone got something. There just seemed so many people for the amount of food that was set out. We got lettuce, bananas, grapes, a bag of vegetables and a watermelon and I'm grateful for it.

Yesterday I also went to see my nurse practitioner about my sugar levels. The evening numbers are good but the mornings are still too high so Lydia's changed what I'm taking. I'm now taking Actos and Lantus. Lydia read about latent autoimmune diabetes of adulthood (LADA) and thought of me but I'm not sure why. It seems that LADA affects people who are not obese and have no history of diabetes 2. That sure as heck doesn't fit my profile...but maybe LADA fits me because of the way I'm responding--or not responding--to my medications. It would just figure, wouldn't it? If I read the article correctly, there is blood work I can get to see if I have LADA.

Other stuff has happened this week but my brain is too fried right now to recollect it. So it goes.

1 comment:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oooooh, food. We love fruit too. But we finally found something Buddy won't eat. And he eats everything! Edible or not.

But he won't eat watermelon.

PS from Samaritan - That's okay. More for me.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over