Tuesday, July 8

Tuesday Sundries

I feel very restless, like I should be doing something important but I don't know what. Nothing really holds my attention for more than a few minutes at a time, not even reading. I feel as I did when I first quit smoking. My body is alternately tense and tired. I feel revved up and frustrated that I can't get anything accomplished. I sleep to get away from it all. I guess it's a combination of the stress, bipolar, and everything else going on in my life and I wish I could stop it. I just want to feel like me again.

Music Memoirs

Tuesday Tunes Week 40

Name the first musical thing ie artist/song/album etc that comes to mind when you see these words:


peace: All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance
love: All YOu Need Is Love
sign: Signs
summer: Summer in the City
trip: San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)
book: Book Ends (by Simon & Garfunkel)
drug: With A Little Help From My Friends
simple: Simple Gifts (a Shaker song)
psychedelic: Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
70s: disco

target="_blank">Ten on Tuesday

10 Favorite Movie Characters:


1. Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey
2. Rick Blaine from Casablanca
3. Indiana Jones
4. Forrest Gump
5. & 6. Norman & Ethel Thayer from On Golden Pond
7. Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird
8. John McClain, Die Hard series
9. & 10. Martin Riggs & Roger Murtagh, Lethal Weapon series

10 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

My husband loves "Die Hard".

I played too :)

MiLeT said...

we don't have any matches.

here are my 10 favorite movie characters! hope you can drop by. thanks.


milet!

Sonya said...

I forgot about Lethal Weapon~ Those were great characters!

The Gal Herself said...

We matched on the first four songs! And I wish I'd thought of Simon and Garfunkle.

OGD Critic said...

Again another one I have found that I should have put on my list John McClain, well I was limited to 10!

You sound like me, but I know what is causing my issues........pain! I refuse to quit smoking!

Have a great day.

Me said...

That was a great character Bruce Willis played in Die Hard. I still loved him in the most recent version.

Malcolm said...

On the Tuesday Tunes meme, our first two answers were the same. On Sunday, TCM showed Casablanca. Even though I own it on DVD, it is one of those movies that sucks me in every time. Without question, Humphrey Bogart is my favorite actor. It would be hard to choose my favorite Bogey character; though Rick Blaine is in the top 5 (along with Sam Spade, Harry Morgan, Philip Marlowe, and Frank McCloud).

The Mistress of the Dark said...

My mom loves the music to Simple Gifts, only our version is called Lord Of The Dance.

Great song choices :)

Joyce said...

You have some great characters in your list. I'd forgotten about Atticus Finch . . .

PJD said...

I thought about Die Hard but couldn't bring myself to include Bruce Willis when I didn't have any Robert Redford or Paul Newman roles. I forgot the Lethal Weapon series. Those were great characters.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over