Monday, August 4

Man Cat Monday: Sox



Sox says, I am the new King of Zen. Nothing bothers me and I always look so calm and happy.

Wish I could say the same about Mommy. Her anxiety level just kept getting higher and higher and higher and she finally decided to chicken out of the training evaluation--for a month anyway. She is seeing a therapist about the anxiety and she did tell her DVR counselor but she tolded the training place she needed a postponement because of what happened with Little T.

That's the other issue although it's not the main one. Now that Kennan has Little T he doesn't always have someone to watch the little guy when the school day is over (at noon) and so Daddy volunteered to do it but Mommy knows he will need a lot of help. In the fall, Mommy's training day will be over before the little guy gets out of school.

More important, though, Mommy needs to relax. She worries about so many things, like:

not having the right clothes to wear (the nice appropriate stuff is for the fall, not the summer)
not fitting on the chair
backache from the pinched nerve
not being able to read the text (she needs to go to the eye doctor! She has blurred vision sometimes and at the wrong times!)
getting into a fibro fog and getting stuff all mixed up
fatigue
not being able to hold out for breaks and lunch when she is used to doing things when she needs to do them
and the list goes on.

I think she should curl up on the rocking chair and take on my attitude. You could vacuum all around me and it wouldn't bother me. You could pick me up, bounce me around, scratch my tummy, roll around on the floor with me and I would be totally unruffled. That's why I'm the new King of Zen. I think Mommy should take lessons from me, don't you?

2 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Yes, she certainly should take lessons from you. ~Socks

Anonymous said...

Our Nana struggles with Panic Attacks. We try to purr on her but Nana says pills work better for her. We prefer our purrs!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over