Monday, December 1

The tree is up :)



This is going to be a tough holiday season financially speaking so that's why I want to make sure there's plenty of music and atmosphere to remind me what Christmas is really about. TB put the tree up for me on Saturday. Today I put as many ornaments on the tree as would fit. I think it looks pretty good! I've been playing WBAB practically round the clock (they're playing all Christmas music right now).

Tomas was entranced with the tree. Of course he wanted to pull off the ornaments and play with them and I let him. That's what being a grandparent is about, I guess. I figured I could always put them back on the tree when he was done. We also played outdoors and I notice he really is using his words more. He said, "tree, tree" and pointed to each and everyone in our yard and our neighbor's yard.

We took Tomas to the mall last week and met Santa. It was really cool. T said hello and goodbye to the man and didn't seem afraid of him at all. TB took a bunch of pictures that I'm hoping to post.

TB continues to get stronger. His thing now is wanting to eat "normal" food. After that bad experience with the chicken, he laid back and stuck with shakes and yogurt and cottage cheese for a while but now he's back to wanting "real" food again. He realizes that this is an issue he struggled with before surgery. It's a matter of looking at food as just fuel, not as something you can only eat so much of or enjoy. It's not easy.

We were supposed to go to a support meeting at the hospital tonight (there's a meeting once a month) but unfortunately Kristin's bowling league ran late and she had no way to get home so we had to skip it. It was kind of disappointing because TB had questions he'd wanted to ask.

2 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Your tree looks lovely. Happy Holidays!

Gattina said...

Wow ! beautiful tree ! and you put it up already ?? We do it 2 weeks before Christmas not earlier, but we have the advents wreath where we light one candle each sunday before Christmas until the 4 candles are lightened.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over