Thursday, January 1

Goals for the New Year

Happy New Year, everyone, hope 2009 is a much better, brighter and happier one than 2008!

I wanted to thank everyone for their messages of sympathy and support for our loss of Sox. Gosh, I miss him so much it hurts to think about him.

My posting has been so sporadic and my mood so low that I decided over the last day or two I have to make a conscious effort to do something about it.

I don't like to make New Year's resolutions because they always seem to get broken but I thought I would make some goals.

What happened to The Thursday Thirteen? That seemed an ideal way to make my goals but the website seems to have disappeared. Oh well. Here's my list of goals for the New Year:

1. Post at least every other day
2. Start cat blogging again
3. Pray more often, and especially when I feel sad or discouraged
4. Recognize daily how God is working in my life and how He is taking care of me and my family
5. Cherish my husband, kids and granchildren
6. Get on the treadmill and walk at least 3 times a week
7. Cut down my portion sizes, eat more frequent smaller meals and lose at least 50 lbs by this time next year
8. Get a lapband to help me lose weight
9. Stop worrying so much about everything: let go and let God deal with it, especially those things I can't control
10. Read at least a half hour a day, preferably a book
11. Exercise my mind by doing a puzzle every day
12. Email my friends more frequently
13. Visit other blogs and comment more frequently

You have to be a friend to have friends...

2 comments:

Gattina said...

I am so sorry that you lost Sox, but his time had come. He will stay forever with you that's for sure. The best resolution is that you start or continue Cats on Tuesday again, lol !
I wish you a very happy, healthy and wealthy New Year !!

Gattina said...

BTW I also wonder what happened to TT ! I asked Hootin Anni but haven't got an answer yet ! I did one !

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over