Tuesday, October 20

Notme and Ida Know Begone!

Here's what I wrote on my previous blog, Scribblings:

December 09, 2003
Notme & Ida Know

When I used to read the newspaper, my favorite part was the funnies section. I loved reading a cartoon called Family Circus by Bil Keane. His cartoons centered on a family, mom, dad, and 4 kids.

The ones I liked best also featured the invisible Notme and Ida Know. These creatures were to blame for everything. All they did was get into mischief and cause trouble.

Who spilled the juice??
Notme.
Notme.
Notme.

Or: What happened to the box of popcorn??
Ida Know.
Ida Know.
Ida Know.

It was frustrating because you could never catch Notme and Ida Know. It's especially frustrating because Notme and Ida Know have come to live in our house.

Who drank up two cartons of the eggnog TB bought the other day?

It was Notme and Ida Know.

The girls and I spent a couple of hours making chocolate chip cookies last night. It was fun and we were looking forward to enjoying them this week. This morning when I came into the kitchen, half the batch was gone. I didn't even need to ask before I knew the answer.

Now I have to hide the cookies and other goodies from Notme and Ida Know. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I hope Notme and Ida Know get bored soon and move on to torment some other family but somehow, I don't think that's going to happen! :P


Well, here it is just short of six years later. Notme and Ida Know are still residents here, older, lazier and sloppier to the point of piggy-ness. Notme and Ida Know still have no boundaries when it comes to swiping things or making messes.

Who took Gramma's pop tarts? They're hers--she paid for them!
Notme.
Notme.
Notme.

ARGH, who left the big mess in the bathroom?

Ida Know.
Ida Know.
Ida Know.

And WHO trashed the TV room upstairs and left all the plates, candy wrappers and soda bottles lying around?
Notme.
Notme.
Notme.

What happened to that big jar of strawberry preserves we bought yesterday?

Ida Know.
Ida Know.
Ida Know.

Who's going to pay to replace all these things?

FRANKLY, MY DEAR, WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN! It's just not gonna be one of us!

What a minute! Who are you?

Notme and Ida Know, that's who!

This time, my mom's the one who has to hide her treats. TB and I long ago gave up buying extras. We're so tired of having to hide it from Notme and Ida Know. TB locked the TV room door this afternoon. Maybe that's the only way to keep Notme and Ida Know out. The kids will say: not fair! We say, take it out on Notme and Ida Know.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures


Maybe someday Notme and Ida Know will move away. Gosh, wouldn't that be nice????

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over