Sunday, November 1

Sunday Memes

Best intentions ... TB and I were looking forward to Trunk & Treat and then I got sick. I don't have flu like Bill--or, I don't think so, because I don't have a fever--but I did wake up sick Saturday. I have a sore throat, cough, fatigue and am bringing up some mucous so we decided it would be better not to infect everyone participating at the church. We stayed home. BOR-ing! Now we have big bags of candy left over!

This morning, Mom woke up with a sore throat. Last night, she'd started coughing.

I think Bill is just about over his flu. He's still hacking but the fever's gone.

My cousin Pat lost her battle with cancer on Friday. This family has really been through the ringer in the last three months. When my father died and we came down for the memorial, I learned that Pat was dying of brain cancer. Then--big shock--my cousin Mary died. Now Pat. :( I don't think we're going to go to MD for this one, especially at the rate we're getting sick here.

I'm afraid to sign us up for anything or make any commitments. It seems like more often than not we aren't able to make it because of sickness or emergency. Heidi would think that God is getting us but I know it's not Him. If anyone is messing with us, it's the devil! Think about it--why would God try to keep us from doing good or having fun? I was reading somewhere that if you believe in God, you also must believe in the devil. I wasn't sure about that until now. It ain't God messing with us here. :P

Meme time! Go away, sad and sick thoughts!





BOO!


Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing: The Strange Question Meme, Part 1

1. What is the color of your toothbrush?
Green & white

2. Name one person who made you smile today.
TB

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? sleeping

4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? typing a post

5. What is your favorite candy bar? Snickers

6. Have you ever been to a strip club? No

7. What is the last thing you said aloud? Something like--sorry I'm in such a bad mood. I'm frustrated!

8. What is your favorite ice cream? How to choose? I like maple walnut best. I go by what appeals to me.

9. What was the last thing you had to drink? Lemon Tea Nectar protein

10. Do you like your wallet? LOL, I guess. It does what it's supposed to do!

11. What was the last thing you ate? Hoody's tropical nut crunch

12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
No, no money. :(

13. The last sporting event you watched? All the way through? Gosh ... the summer Olympics?

14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Caramel

15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? my daughter

16. Ever go camping?
Yes

17. Do you take vitamins daily? Yes, my health now depends on my vitamin intake

18. Do you go to church every Sunday? No, but the intent is there

19. Do you have a tan? Nope

20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?
Yes!

21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?
No

22. What did your last text message say?
I don't remember the exact wording but it had to do with why my daughter wanted to know the series game score. She doesn't follow baseball. Turns out she bet her friend the Yankees would win over the Phillies. The bet was a soda if she won, a coffee if the friend won. Heidi got her soda. :)

23. What are you doing tomorrow?
Recovering from this plaguey virus

24. Favorite color?
Purple

25. Look to your left; what do you see? My stuffed dog and bariatric pillow




Unconscious Mutterings


I say... and you think ...

1. Hairbrush :: bathroom
2. Sneak :: hide
3. Hole :: dig
4. Horror :: movie
5. Standard :: regular
6. Mailbox :: bills
7. Attachment :: pictures
8. Type :: write
9. Nails :: fingers
10. Storage :: junk

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over