Friday, March 26

GiST #102

Sometimes an annoyance turns into a grace and isn't that a grace in itself? Those are my first two.

A little background: I'm going back to school to finish up my associate's in education. From there, I can go on to a bachelor's. With the associate's, though, I can be a substitute teacher and, most definitely, a teacher's assistant. I transferred my credits from Howard Community College. A counselor at the new college said I'd need to take a math placement test so I went there today with Kristin, who also needed that test.

The first annoyance was that the lady at the test center told me I needed a written waiver from the counseling department to take just the math test. We'd already had to hike throughout the building because the elevator nearest the test center was down. My only other alternative was to take the stairs on my bum ankle.

1. There was only five steps in the flight of stairs!

The receptionist at the counseling center was on a prolonged phone call which didn't improve my mood any. She had me fill out a form and then a counselor came out to write a waiver for me. He looked at my transcripts and then told me:

2. I didn't have to take the math test.

I couldn't believe my ears. I asked him to double check and check again to be sure. He went back to ask his supervisor and, sure enough, I didn't have to take the math test either. I could go right into a regular math class. Yay! Now my mood brightened considerably.

3. Memories bothered me a bit again today so I didn't stay on task for long but I did work on them. I feel like I'm making progress.

5. My hip doesn't hurt as much today as it did yesterday and it hurt less yesterday than it did the day before!

6. I don't have to cook tonight--we have lots of left overs!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yah! Things turned out well! Here's to the future.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over