1. Finished getting all the paperwork together for our meeting tomorrow with the consumer credit counseling housing advocates
2. Enjoyed the wonderful low humidity and breeze of the day. With all the windows open, the breeze blew through and aired out the house!
3. Had a nice chat with TB, sitting on the bed and just relaxing and talking
4. Had a leisurely afternoon to get caught up with other stuff
5. The Survivor finale is on tonight so there'll be something to watch!
I meant to post this picture when I took it on Mother's Day. I don't know why I didn't. The smoke doesn't look very ferocious but it came from a big destructive wildfire that burned hundreds of acres of woods behind our development. Apparently some guys thought they'd put out a campfire ... but they hadn't. We watched helicopters fly over head to the lake across the street to collect water to fight the fire. There was a strong wind that day which just fanned the flames. I don't think we were in danger of being evacuated though.
Here is an article about that fire.
I missed this meme so I'm doing both parts. This part is from Mother's Day, May 9.
Sunday Stealing: The Speed Dating Meme
1. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Green Eggs & Ham
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? It would have to be on the beach of Lost
3. What's the longest you've gone without sleep? About 36 hours
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? "Copacabana"
5. Who's your favorite Muppet? Elmo
6. What's the habit you're proudest of breaking? Smoking
7. What's your favorite website? Facebook
8. What's your favorite school supply? Pen
9. Who's your favorite TV attorney? Owen Marshall (is that going back in time or what?)
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles? One way? Down to Maryland last fall
11. What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or junk shop? Oh gosh, I can't remember
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Ugh. I was at work and it was slow so I was trying to access the Internet--which was virtually impossible for "some reason". What a shock when I finally got connected!
13. What's your favorite tree? Pear, in the spring when it flowers
14. What's the most interesting biography you've read? Helen Keller's
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food? Post surgery, shrimp chop suey
16. What's the best costume you've ever worn? a little old lady when I was like 12
17. What's your least favorite word? No
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be? Are you kidding me?
19. Who's your favorite bear? Smokey The
20. Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation. My first husband died
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be? Um ... the Serengeti?
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday? Ham sandwich
23. Where do you go for advice? Dear Abby...is she still around?
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Dictionary
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving? NO
Sunday Stealing: The Speed Dating Meme, Part 2
26. Have you ever been stung by a bee? Many times
27. What's the sickest you've ever been? Probably when I had mononucleosis. OR...my appendix ruptured and I had a resulting bacterial infection or whatever it's called
28. What's your favorite form of exercise? Walking
29. What's your favorite Cyndi Lauper song? "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
30. What did you do for your 13th birthday? Are you kidding me? I can't remember what I did yesterday never mind 40+ years ago!
31. Are you afraid of heights? Absolutely!
32. Have you ever taken dance lessons? Once
33. What's your favorite newspaper? Hmmm... Washington Post
34. What's your favorite Broadway / West End musical? Children of a Lesser God
35. What's the most memorable class you've ever taken? Drama in high school
36. What's your favorite knock-knock joke? Knock-knock.
Orange you glad I didn't say banana?
37. What's your least favorite commercial? All of them
38. If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be? Oh geez. David Selby.
39. Do you prefer baths or showers? Showers.
40. What's your favourite newspaper comic strip? For Better or For Worse
41. What's your favorite breakfast food? Bacon & eggs
42. Who's your favarite game show host? Richard Dawson--yes I know, ancient history!
43. If you could have a super power, what would it be? Reading someone's mind
44. Do you like guacamole? No
45. Have you ever been in a food fight? Of course
46. Name five songs to which you know all the lyrics. "I Am, I Said"
"I Hope You Dance"
"Stand By Me"
"Puff The Magic Dragon"
"Blowin in the Wind"
Yep, showing my age!
47. What's your favorite infomercial? Are you kidding me?
48. What's the longest you've ever waited in line? Oh, an hour?
49. What's on the cover of your address book or day planner? Nothing, I have a Palm
50. Have you ever taken a picture in one of those little booths? Of course!
This is when Buddy gets to shine.
- Labor :: Intensive
- Sweater :: Knit
- Five minutes :: Wait
- Treatment :: Medical care
- Eyebrows :: Nose
- Awake :: Asleep
- Salmon :: Fish
- Red :: Blue
- Hospital :: Sick
- Midwife :: Birth