Sunday, May 30

GiST # 136 & Sunday Stuff

I guess this can be a catch-up kind of day.

TB and Kristin will both be having a little outpatient surgery in a couple of weeks. TB has an enlarged prostate and Kristin has a torn miniscus. For Kristin, there's the possibility the surgeon won't be able to repair the tear because of its location. In that case, he'll just trim the area.

We have a situation going on that I'm really dying to vent about but can't. Our trust has been totally violated ... again. There is someone who has no conscience and continues to take advantage of loved ones who are gullible and trying to help or just loyal or what have you. There is someone who just doesn't care what kind of bind these gullible loved ones are placed into (financial and otherwise). There is someone who does bad things and expects no consequences, flouting whatever guidelines are in place. I feel bad for the gullible ones--they just don't "get it". This person will just keep going along causing more hurt and not feeling remorse about it. That's about as far as I can go with my ranting.

I haven't done a GiST in a long time either so maybe I can start the Sunday routine with that.


Grace in Small Things #136


1. The mortgage company agreed to let us pay the monthly payment we'd send if we were in the Making Homes Affordable program.

2. We're cooperating together to try and cut our electric bill and our food expenses. The air conditioner is still off even though it's getting uncomfortably hot in the house. We'll probably have to turn it on tomorrow.

3. Heidi stepped up to bail Kristin out of a real jam. Hopefully this will be a learning experience that won't be repeated because the bail out happens just once! I'm so impressed with the level of compassion here.

4. It's good to get validation from others that my concerns about something that happened yesterday are legitimate.

5. We have quick'n'easy meats in the freezer that don't require heating up the kitchen. That's so important on days like this one!



Camera Critters



The Sunday Seven

Other than members of our military, name seven people (by occupation) for whom you are grateful.

1. Police officers
2. Fire fighters
3. EMTs
4. Nurses
5. Teachers
6. Child advocates
7. Health techs that know how to draw blood properly on the first try


Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Fresh air :: Outside
  2. Bodyguard :: Protector
  3. Wedding :: Marriage
  4. Remind :: Remember
  5. Wicked :: Evil
  6. Crawling :: Spider
  7. Gasoline :: Car
  8. Anyone :: Whoever
  9. Dancing :: Bears
  10. Wall :: Room





1. Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up.
My cat Kosmo, my Irish bear beanie, my Native American coffee cup, cat TB made for me, pictures of the kids

2. How do you style your hair? How often do you cut it? I usually keep it short and simple. I try to get it cut every 6 weeks but it doesn't always work out financially.

3. What are you wearing now? tee shirt, shorts & underwear

4. What's your occupation? Do you like it? I was an interpreter for the deaf and I loved it. Now I'm disabled and I guess you'd call me a stay-at-home mom? Or I was ... until my kids grew up. Love that too.

5. When was the last time that you took a nap? Was there a special reason? I took a nap this afternoon because it's hot outside and I got sleepy

6. Who was the last person you hugged romantically? TB of course

8. What was the last full meal that you ate? Lunch

9. What was the last email that you received? Support from a friend

10. What one website do you always visit when you go online? Facebook

11. What was the last significant thing you bought? How significant is significant? I can't think of any--haven't had money.

12. What musical artist did you not get at first, but then became a fan? Jimi Hendrix. Okay...I know that was years ago.

13. What do you think about before you go to bed last night? I wish I could read one more page in my book but I'm falling asleep

14. What was the last CD you bought? It was a Celtic Christmas music CD, don't remember which artist

15. What is your favorite weather, and why? What's the weather like today? I love fall weather best. It's warm but not hot. Today is hot

16. If you could have a special artistic talent, what would it be? Doing caricatures. That seems like fun!

17. Did you watch the Idol 9 finale? If yes, what are your thoughts? Please. I'm sure I'm not the only person in America that did not watch it.

18. What's something you'd like to say to someone right now? Stop it!

19. Any special plans for this (holiday in the States) weekend? Relaxation

20. Besides your current S/O, who was the last person that you loved romantically? That would be my first DH, Rich, who died

1 comment:

Ellen Whyte said...

What do you do for a living?

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over