Me: Ahem, ahem.
Cubby: What? Oh, hay, Mommy, whassup?
Me: Smile, you're on Candid Camera.
Cubby: Oh noes! Iyam so embarrasked!
1. Ah, air conditioning on a hot, humid day!
2. Getting the vacuuming and other chores out of the way early so I can just laze about the rest of the day!
3. Making things like potato salad and coleslaw early in the morning when it's not so hot and having them for dinner in the evening along with cold cut sandwiches!
4. Support from the Grace in Small Things community, my family and friends! Priceless!
5. Not pressuring myself to think of a fifth grace!
This Monday in the U.S. is Memorial Day which is a day to honor the fallen soldiers of wars past and present. So therefore, we decided to dedicate this week's topic to those soldiers in film who live on in the big screen. Here are those we found to be particularly memorable. Share on your blog your soldierly choices, linking back here at The Bumbles. Spend your day thinking of or hugging a real life soldier, and don't forget to visit your fellow participants!
I really love Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump but I didn't want to repeat any soldiers The Bumbles had listed. Here's mine:
1. Captain John Miller, Saving Private Ryan
2. Shears (not sure his first name), Bridge on the River Kwai
3. Colonel Joseph Ryan, Von Ryan's Express
4. Virgil Hilts, The Great Escape
5. Michael & Nick from The Deer Hunter
6. Sgt. Sefton, Stalag 17
7. Anthony Swofford, Jarhead