Wednesday, May 5

Good news from Dr. G

Today I saw my surgeon, Dr. Greenbaum. It's been just a couple of weeks over a year since I had my duodenal switch, the surgery that saved my life! Since then, I've lost over 100 lbs...from my highest point, 131 to be exact. Dr. G felt if I lost 40 more lbs, my weight would be in the ideal range. It would be awesome to get there so I'm working on it.

My weight's stabilizing but I'm still losing. He's not after me to slow down anymore though and I like that.

My diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol have resolved.

My liver numbers have improved to the point where he feels that's resolved too. Yay!

I thought my vitamin levels were low and that I should take more; he thinks what I'm doing now is fine and so are my levels.

I go back in 3 months and I'm feeling very happy about it all.

I'm getting there!

1 comment:

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Good for you! It sounds as if you have come through quite a journey. I am glad to hear that all your Dr's news was good.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over