Sunday, June 6

GiST #138

It's been a busy, up-and-down kind of week! Time's just really gotten away from me and I just haven't had a chance to post all my GiSTs. The ones that come to mind aren't necessarily small ones but they meant so much to me I wanted to acknowledge them.

* Today, TB and I took our Little T to the town beach. It's been a long time since we went but he remembered! We enjoyed ourselves so much. It's so much fun going with a little one. We played in the water, TB & T went for a swim, and then we played in the sand. Luckily the sun wasn't intensely shining so no one got burned.

* On Saturday, TB and I had a productive meeting with the family therapist. I think we're going in the right direction.

* On June 1, TB and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. It was a lovely day and we decided to go to the beach. We hadn't gone out together anywhere in too long and it's been a couple of years since we went to the beach. The sun was so warm on our faces and the off shore breeze was so lovely. What a beautiful day!

* The high school senior awards was on Friday. Kristin got a merit scholarship--not a big one but it was a nice surprise. She also got awards for being on the honor roll many times and for her art work. I'm so proud of all the hard work she's done!

* My mother called late Friday night and when I saw the phone number, I got scared. I thought something must have happened. No, she was just having a tantrum. She thinks I'm being so mean to her when she never hit me so nothing could have hurt. Sigh. The good thing about this is that I didn't freak out. I just said it was late and I didn't want to talk about it now. That stopped her cold. Good.

Also today:

1. We got a cup of Wawa coffee on the way home from dropping T off. It tasted SO good!

2. I thought we handled the issue of the disappearing silverware very well. There was a day we would have woken the entire household in a fury, demanding a search and rescue of the bedrooms. This time we just put away the rest of the silverware and left a note that from now on there would be none available until the missing pieces come back. Until then, the adult children can buy their own from the dollar store or eat with their fingers. We've gone from 16 teaspoons to 2 and that's just ridiculous. The forks began disappearing too! Okay, I could rant on about this but I won't!

3. I love the feel of sand under and between my toes. There's something comforting about burying my feet, wiggling my toes and then freeing them ... don't ask me what. It just is! :D

4. The water at the lake wasn't cold like ocean water and it wasn't too warm either. It was just right!

5. Lap cats. I don't think I have to say more! ;-)

1 comment:

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

We have silverware that vanishes too. I have given up. I have went from five sugar spoons to one. It's just hubby and me so I am not sure where they are going.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over