Friday, July 2

Feline Friday, GiST # 144 & Memes!


Cubby: Don' worry, Eye may look uncomfibbles but dis's aktually vewy homey!

Kosmo: Ah, a little stwetch awlways feels good!

Cubby & Kosmo: Yes, we're spoonin! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

These are pictures TB took of Cubby and Kosmo before the weather got too hot. Cats like to sleep a lot year 'round but I notice when the weather gets really warm they don't spoon much anymore!

Want more feline Friday and cat blogging?

Be sure to check out Blogging Cat Noos for all the latest and a listing of this weekend's carnivals!

Grace in Small Things #144


1. This one really made me smile yesterday. TB and I went with Kristin to the hospital for her pre-op testing (she's having a miniscal tear repaired next week). I went back with my daughter to help her with her medical history. During that time, the doctor looked at me and told me I was "skinny". I've *never* been called skinny before--especially not by a medical professional! I grin and grin every time I think about it!

2. I woke up cold in the middle of the night and had to throw a light blanket over me. Why is this a grace? It's the beginning of July! Lovely cool weather like this is rare and muchly appreciated!

3. I love reading my Daily Affirmations every day. Today's was: "As I believe, so I am." That is so true! The rest of it focuses on drawing the positive to myself by seeing and expecting the very best.

4. We can save a little on our electric bill because we've been able to keep the windows open and turn off the air. I love fresh air! The cool breeze makes me nostalgic for the ocean and bay beaches.

5. I put a little jukebox on my blog and when I make a new entry, I enjoy listening to it. I plugged in about 2 dozen of my favorite songs and they're nice long songs!

Friday Question


What are your holiday weekend plans? This is what I'm hoping to do: get to some kind of beach. I doubt we'll get to my preference, an ocean beach, so what I'd like to do instead is go to our town lake beach, swim for a while, and then go home and take a hot hot shower. It'd be nice to see some fireworks but that'll depend on my daughter's work schedule.



1. When it's quiet I can appreciate the stillness and beauty around me.
2.We've had an entire hot summer in what seems like a month.
3. My heart is beating.
4. Two of my relatives have birthdays in July.
5. In the town where I was born we could easily walk to the bay beach.
6. Total acceptance of me is something I really love about my significant other / friend.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to some time at a beach, tomorrow my plans includeswimming and Sunday, I want to see some fireworks!

Friday 5


1. What’s your favorite zoo animal? I like the big cats best

2. What’s your favorite circus act? The trapeze act

3. When did you last attend (or participate in) a parade? Wow it has been years! It was a parade with the Girl Scouts in 2001 or 2002

4. When did you last attend a sporting event? That was years ago too. 2002. I'm not a big sports fan.

5. What unique festivals does your area feature in celebration of some kind of food? There's a nearby village that has a blueberry festival every June. In August, several places not far from here has cranberry festivals.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I love your answer to #6 in the FFIs :-)

Ellen Whyte said...

Spooning cats are always so sweet. We're to hot here too but we hook up paws.

Kiril Kundurazieff said...

Lovely photos!

What did I do to celebrate the holiday weekend?

On Friday, nothing.

Yesterday, I spent all day posting the exciting details of what Daddy did, and saw, on Friday. ;-D


Nikita Cat
Meowsings of an Opinionated Pussycat

http://www.opinionatepussycat.com

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over