1. Last night, I enjoyed a 20 minute fireworks display from my front yard courtesy of neighbors who bought large beautiful things to shoot off. I don't think any of it was legal but it sure was entertaining!
2. I love watching movies with my kids. Last night we watched Independence Day. On Friday, it was 1776.
3. I finished Rhett Butler's People and blogged about it. I wasn't thrilled with it so it's a real grace that I finished it!
4. I'm making dinner this morning so the house doesn't get all heated up.
5. It's supposed to be very hot all week so the air conditioning probably shouldn't count as a small grace. Here it is, though.
I took this picture of TB when we went to the beach at Seaside Heights last month. The sun's reflected in the waves. ;)
One recent, beautiful day we had the windows open and TB caught Cubby inside looking out at us!
Want more Man Cat Monday? Check out Blogging Cat Noos!
This week's movie topic is all about Special Effects...Share on your blog SFX films that blew you away, linking back here at The Bumbles.
The Bumbles mentioned a lot of the movies that would come to my mind. I thought of these:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit which was a totally awesome combination of animation and real life.
War of the Worlds--when that bridge crumbled, I was totally hooked on the movies' special effects. I was riveted to my seat most of the movie, actually.
King Kong--both the original and the remake. The original looks really cheesy now but back then, those were pretty awesome effects.
Theme: Sun, sea and sand