Tuesday, August 24

Junk Floating Around My Brain

The summer's been pretty boring which is why I haven't blogged as much. There's not a lot you can say about: it's hot, it's humid, there's nothing to do because it's too hot, we're broke, I'm bored and depressed and frustrated and fed up, the cats just sleep all the time and if I could do it I would too!

There was a prompt question that asked What is your least favorite time of the year? Why? My answer is now is my least favorite time of the year! I've felt this way for the last couple of years, since we've been so house poor.

Why? Well, I have a really bad case of cabin fever--you know, like people get in the winter time? I have it because it's been too hot to sit outside or go for a walk at the park. I could swim in the lake but, honestly, that cedar water just skeeves me out. I tried telling myself there's organisms and dirt even in the ocean but ... it just ain't the same. I don't come out of the ocean with brown scum on me.

Before we were so house poor there were other alternatives to sitting at home. We could go to the aquarium or to the beach. We could go to a museum or a movie. Now all that takes money and we just don't have the extra.

Therefore, I'm bored, frustrated and fed-up!

Once the summer is over, I'll be in classes and definitely won't have time to be bored!

Come on, September, hurry up!

Another prompt asked me where I go to get away from the pressures and stress of life. I used to retreat to the bedroom, to my computer. I used to escape into Facebook, Obesity Help, my blog, my email and other places online. Lately, though, there hasn't been a retreat in the computer ... not until just now, when I'm writing. I got tired of the games on Facebook and stopped playing in August. My creative muse seemed to have dried up and left town so I wasn't blogging or writing with any real feeling. I felt stiff and awkward all month, very flat and dull.

I need to find a new place to go to "get away". When I can get into my book, I can get away when I read. Sometimes I can "get away" when I cross stitch.

I think what I need to do is take my book and get to a beach somewhere and replenish myself.

Choose your favorite season. Name the season and explain why it is your favorite.

Fall's always been my favorite season. Why?

1. The weather turns cooler and I can turn off the air conditioner and open the windows again!

2. I can get out and go for walks and we can do fun stuff with Little T again because it's not so hot

3. I love the fall colors--the leaves can be so beautiful!

4. The fall harvest events are so much fun: pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes!

5. The new TV season starts--after a long boring summer, finally there's some shows to watch.

6. This year, school starts for me and I'm really excited about that!

7. I can get back to heating up the kitchen with my cooking--nice, stick-to-the-rib type meals.

Hurry up, September!

3 comments:

Gattina said...

And I hate autumn, when the days get shorter, it rains, the trees do striptease and look naked and then the long winter ah no !
My escape is my computer which has the window to the world ... a screen !

The Chair Speaks said...

My country is summer all year round, hot and humid with sudden heavy thunderstorms without warning!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Summer is definitely my least favorite season! I get sick in the heat. I don't sweat just get sick.
I love Fall and Winter, especially if we get a lot of rain which is almost never. Spring is nice too.

I think Fall is so beautiful in states where it is really noticable with all the golds and reds. We don't have that too much here.

My escape is the computer and my pets. I used to read a lot but not as much anymore.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over