These are in addition to the usual essentials: flour, sugar, salt, pepper, corn starch and ;) coffee.
1. Garlic: fresh, chopped, diced, and powder. I put a lot of it in everything from eggs to roasts to gravies and what have you.
2. Onions: I use fresh onions the way I use garlic. If I don't have an onion, which is a true emergency situation, I use powder. Onions go great in everything!
3. Soy sauce
I make a lot of sweet & sour or Polynesian type sauces and marinade and that's what the above three ingredients are for. Usually I have to plan and get pineapples when I'm going to make the Polynesian sauces.
7. Worcestershire sauce: meatloaf and hamburgers!
9. Sour Cream: goes great in different sauces or gravies I make
10. Emeril's: BAM!
11. Cinnamon: one of TB's favorites. I like to put it in mashed yams or on my cottage cheese
12. Bay leaves: must have for soups and stews
13. Italian seasoning: I like that they're all rolled into one. I enjoy all equally and use this one a lot too.
I wonder what everyone else would choose?