Sunday, September 16

Chronic Pain Update

I'm really worried about TB. The pain I have in my joint comes and goes depending on the weather and how stressed I feel. I'm having a lot of stiffness and pain on the right side again and I think the bursitis is coming back. How does that relate to TB? A couple of months ago, he started having similar problems with his hip and I thought he might have bursitis. I got him an appointment with my doctor after we got back from CT--but the first available slot was in September--this Tuesday.

Since then, the pain has been getting steadily worse for TB. He's been to the family doctor and was prescribed first tylenol with codeine and then oxycotin--and they're not working. Sometimes he can't walk across the room without doubling over or grabbing onto something for support. He's been to a chiropractor twice and had his back Xrayed. There's a lot of arthritis and some compression there. He probably has a pinched nerve.

It could be more than that, though, because he's also running a low grade fever. It's usually about 100.5 and that's been worrying me. Sometimes the bursa can become infected and that is very serious. I'm wondering if he should wait until Tuesday to talk to the doctor about it. Diabetes complicates everything because it's harder to recover from an infection. Of even more concern is that the infection could become septic.

He is supposed to have a wisdom tooth pulled tomorrow too! Argh!

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over