Thursday, February 21

What's New, aka Why I Love Cat Blogging (TT#8)


Thirteen Things about What's New With Us


1. TB had his second epidural yesterday and while it went off without complications, he feels worse today than he did before the shot. We've heard this is normal and that he might feel this increased misery for two days. The doctor injected 1/3 more steroid than he did before hoping to make the shot work. The downside is that TB has to watch his sugar level as steroids wreak havoc on them.

2. The doctor also had TB schedule an EMG (this is a nerve test) so that he could identify the exact nerve being pinched. An EMG can be very uncomfortable and painful. I had one for my hand. Not fun.

3. Linda was supposed to get a new used car from a Ford dealership, signed the paperwork and overnight they changed their minds, refunded her money and said we can't help you. I don't know what happened there but then she went to another place, a buy here pay here, and picked out what seemed to be a nice Mercury Sable. When she drove it home, though, it rocked in park. It went to keep going. The following day, the engine light came on and the car continued to try and drive in park. She's having the car looked at now and trying to get her money back...good luck! :P

4. My doctor has been adjusting my meds and so my moods have been up and down like a see saw. Cymbalta does a better job treating my arthritis and fibromyalgia pain than I gave it credit for because I could barely move for a couple of days. I'm taking my usual amount of Cymbalta again as a result.

5. It seems our Little T has developmental speech apraxia and right now the goal is to teach him sign language. That may be his primary mode of communication although getting him additional speech therapy would help. We're looking into that

6. Bill collectors are beginning to call us now instead of our infamously financially delayed family member who shall go nameless in this post :P. We tell them TB has been on disability since September and that the state has been careless about getting checks to us in a timely manner. Meanwhile, the amount is 1/3 of what he used to make.

7. My mom is still having major problems with her computer and unfortunately, I can't diagnosis the trouble over the phone...but we have so much going on here, we can't get down there either

8. My brother applied for a better job that we're praying he gets although it'll probably mean a major move for him

9. Kristin got a job at Six Flags Great Adventure *is this necessarily a good thing? I'm not sure...) and is busy trying to save up money so she can go to a dude ranch with her friend's family in May

10. Heidi still seems to have no insurance :(

11. Tomas spontaneously asked for milk the other day. Normally I'd ask him, "Are you thirsty?" or "are you hungry?" and he'd shake his head 'no' or say "yeh!" But this time, he turned to me and signed "milk" and then headed to the refrigerator. Communication breakthrough! YAY! And he always looks so happy when he makes himself understood. So this is a very good piece of news

12. Last Thursday, TB and I were sitting down to watch Lost and Sox jumped up on the couch with us. TB was snacking on jalapeno Doritos which are very spicy and Sox took a chip out of his hand and crunched it down! If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it! We knew he should not eat such spicy stuff so TB quickly shut his bag. That did not stop Sox. I had sour cream and onion chips and was still sitting with one in my hand, frozen with disbelief and laughter, and the little kitty took it right out of my fingers and chomped it down too! There are NO chips for anyone tonight! I wish I'd had my camera out!

13. Cubby has been making more and more appearances, staying out longer and coming over to say hello. I've actually gotten a chance to pet him several times for a few moments each before he'd dart back under the bed or into the closet. He's really coming around!

Now, if you read the first 10 on my last and then the last 3 you'll understand why I love cat blogging (and grandson blogging) best. Cat blogging is fun and takes my mind off our troubles. Happy TT!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




10 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like quite a rough patch, I hope things start to look up soon!

Betty said...

I enjoyed reading your TT list. You asked why I picked the letter "C". I'm doing one letter each week for TT, and it was "C" week. I haven't been blogging all that long, so I'm still learning my way around.

Calliope said...

I used to have a cat that loved oreos. This freaked us out, as they aren't supposed to eat chocolate. He never had any trouble, though.

-Celticlibrarian
http://fremontlibraries.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my "stank" TT. I hope you'll be back.

I will feature my three beotch cats in one pretty soon.

I hope things work out with your own kitty.

Unknown said...

Wow, you're going through quite a rough time at the moment! (((HUGS)))

Karen said...

Sounds like you've got your hands full -- I'm a cat person myself and I usually spend more on cat food/litter/treats/toys per week than I do on people stuff!
Hope things get better soon at your house! Take Care.

Unknown said...

Yay for #11! :-)

Seems loike you're having a rough patch right now. I'm sorry & I hope it gets better soon.

Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting!

Karen Jo said...

It sounds like you are having a bit of a rough time lately. I hope things improve quickly. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm glad you like my limericks.

Daisy said...

Cat blogging is just the thing to make you smile!

Toia said...

Thanks for sharing with us. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Stay strong and Keep the faith.
"Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything" (James 1:2-4 NLT).

PS - Thanks for visiting.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over