Sunday, August 24

The Cats Can Count!

The vet told us that we should feed the gang stinky goodness only twice a week. That's really tough when it's what they prefer above all else but we want to keep them healthy! I decided to feed them their favorite on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Today I forgot.




After I put the crunchy goodness down, they all gave me a very betrayed look and began circling again.


Kosmo even began rubbing against the door where the canned food is kept...and then I remembered. Sorry, guys!

Does this mean the gang can count the days between Wednesdays and Sundays? Does this qualify for one of those pet tricks featured on David Letterman?

Gump & Co. Gump & Co. by Winston Groom


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
I absolutely loved the movie "Forrest Gump" so when I saw this book at a library sale, I had to have it. It picks up where the movie left off but I have to say that the first book and the movie must have been quite different. For instance, Forrest's shrimp company apparently went bankrupt and he was left flat broke. His true love Jenny didn't die as she did in the movie although she was pretty quickly dispatched in this sequel. Forrest got into plenty of adventures in this book as well, including Iran-Contra, the first Gulf War, the fall of the Berlin War, and other historical events from the 1980s. Forrest even met Tom Hanks who suggested that a movie should be made from Forrest's life. Heh. It was an amusing book, very light and easy to read.


View all my reviews.

3 comments:

Nancy in PA said...

My cat wakes up promptly at 2 pm each day and comes looking for me if I am not found in the kitchen praparing her canned goodess. :-) Yep, I think we should take them all on Letterman - but wait... that would involve a car ride... :-p

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Of course cats can count. That's why we don't wake the beans up on weekends. We know they sleep late Friday, Saturday & Sunday. ~S, S & C

Gattina said...

I think cats have a clock in their stomac ! days and hours don't count. Mine know exactly that on sunday it's chicken time !
Look at Arthur he entertained us very much without knowing it !

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over