Saturday, November 8

Saturday Sundries

What a gloomy, depressing day, the second straight of gray skies and rain!

Photo Hunt


I took this photo of Little T and his father together at the school's fall festival celebration!






Camera Critters


Amber is playing with her own little critter!




1. Where is the furthest place that you have traveled and how far away from home is it? Orlando, Florida, and it was over 1000 miles from home

2. What is a blog that you would recommend for us to read and why? I would recommend a blog called the 4th Avenue Blues, written by a young man living with schizophrenia and alcoholism. I find it very inspiring, even on the days not much is happening!

3. What is the biggest surprise you ever have had and was it a good one? The biggest surprise I ever had was a will-you-marry-me note my late first husband smuggled into a Chinese fortune cookie. It was definitely a good one!

4. What is your favorite quote? (We know we've asked this recently. But there is always another great quote! :) My favorite quote these days: Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. - Bruce Graham

5. Have you ever been hospitalized for a major health situation? My appendix ruptured and I had to be hospitalized for that :P

6. Do you prefer long hair or short hair for yourself?
Short

7. What was your favorite amusement park ride growing up?
I liked the whip or tilt-a-whirl best
8. How long do you talk on your phone on a typical day? Just a few minutes. I don't care for talking on the phone

9. Other than Saturday 9, what is your favorite meme to do each week? The Critter Corner!

Saturday Six

1. If you had to fill in as a substitute teacher at a local middle school, what subject would you be most comfortable teaching? Teaching sign language not only because I'm fluent but also because I could hopefully make the lesson interesting to that difficult age group!

2. When you were in school, what was a better indication of your true understanding of what you were learning: class participation, the accuracy of your homework, or your test scores? Interesting question....probably the accuracy of my homework

3. You meet someone for the first time and have a brief conversation with them. If you run into them the next afternoon, how likely are you to remember their name? How embarrassing! It could go either way depending on my frame of mind the day I meet them!

4. Take the quiz: Do You Have Gaps in Your Knowledge?




There Are 0 Gaps in Your Knowledge



Where you have gaps in your knowledge:



No Gaps!



Where you don't have gaps in your knowledge:



Philosophy

Religion

Economics

Literature

History

Science

Art



5. If you had “gaps” in your knowledge, did you expect to have them where they were predicted? If you had none, which of the listed subjects would be the ones you’d most expect gaps to be? I would have expected them to be in the area of philosophy and art

6. If you could go back to school for one semester free of charge and “try again” with any subject, which one would you choose and why? Geometry--I never could "get" it and I sure would like to!

Weekly Wrap-Up


In the past week did you vote?
Yes!
Did you watch the American election?
Part of it!
Were you happy with the outcome?
Yes, I was
Were you surprised at the outcome? Not at all

Are you glad it’s “over?” Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Wow. That fortune cookie thing was smart! Happy Saturday...

AppleDebbie said...

Your Amber looks like my Kalea kitty. I love Torties and Amber is a beauty!

Gattina said...

Cute cat picture ! and I had 1 gap, in philosophy, lol !

i beati said...

lovely cat Amber sandy

Misty DawnS said...

I love Amber's markings and colors - she is so beautiful!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over