Saturday, November 21

GiST #9 & Saturday Memes

Grace in Small Things #9


1. On the Obesity Help forum, I found a board called Fifty & Over and I feel so at home there. The people there are so warm, welcoming and friendly. It feels safe. I think this is another place that will help me, just like the GiST social group. :)

2. Today I worked on a sandbox activity with my 17 year old daughter. She sees a therapist every 2 weeks. She has bipolar disorder and depression, just like me. Today, the therapist invited me to join in. At first I felt skeptical because I'm not that artistic...well, what I mean is: I am inhibited. But as my daughter and I worked together, I began to relax and have fun.

3. I was able to say something to my daughter that moved her to give me a big hug. I've said it before but it's important to me that she knows how important she is to me. She is the "invisible" child in the house, the one who always pitches in and cooperates and never rocks the boat. The thing is, now that we are in the mess we are in I can't help her like I did with her brother and sister--helping her to buy a car, etc. Shoot, I can't even afford for her to join an inexpensive school bowling league. It just feels like there's no reward to being the "good" one. I am not saying that right. It's not fair that I can't help a really good kid like her. I wanted her to at least know how much I love her and appreciate her and I think it made her happy to hear that.

4. My grandson came over today! I haven't seen the little guy in several weeks because someone's always been sick or something. What especially made me feel good was how happy he was to see me. I love it!

5. I did not allow myself to feel guilty about anything today--not about not making the pulled pork or not buying bread or not cleaning, etc....none of it!!! Yay!

My goal today was to take it easy and I believe I accomplished that. My affirmation was to take care of myself because I matter. It felt good.



Camera Critters




This is our sweet lab, Buddy. He is totally lovable but about as graceful as the proverbial bull in a china shop. He is loyal and loving and has a killer tail. He has a scary bark but no bite. Kosmo (our Bengal-tabby mix) thoroughly has him cowed and can chase him from a room, tail tucked between his legs. I don't get to show him off much because I'm not into doggie blogging. Here's a real cutie pie though!

Saturday 9

Talking In Your Sleep


1. Has anyone in your life talked in their sleep? Yes, my brother has talked in his sleep several times! One time, when we were teenagers, he came downstairs late one night and began rummaging around in the refrigerator's vegetable crisper. I asked him what he was doing and he said he needed his mitt, he has a baseball game to go to. When he was in the Navy, he got the other recruits really mad at him because he sat up in bed and yelled, "Attention on deck!" They all jumped out of bed and stood at attention and he laid back down. He didn't remember any of it.

2. What do you like about fall? I love the colors of the changing leaves--so beautiful! I also love the crisp cool nights and pleasant days.

3. Do you have an addictive personality? Yes

4. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you? My hubby, TB

5. Would you ever take someone back if they cheated on you?
That's really hard. My inclination is to say no.

6. Are you happy with where you are in life? Yes, I'm pretty content.

7. Do you believe that you can change someone?
NO! This is something I am continuing to work on now. I have no power/ability to change anyone else, just myself.

8. Have you ever wished you could've had someone but you couldn't? Oh sure, hasn't everyone? Everyone's had crushes and teen idols and all that.

9. Would you ever fight someone over your significant other? Yes



Today Linda came for a visit with our little guy, Tomas. We haven't seen him in several weeks because we've been sick, he's been sick, Linda's been sick or had to work or blah de blah. Anyway, he came running into the house and I could hear his excited laughter. I went into the hall toward the living room and he was already running to meet me. He flung himself into my arms and mine went around him, pulling him to me. Oh, I hugged him and felt my heart just melting with the love and joy of him. I had a big grin from ear to ear!


Cheeeeeeeeeeeeze!


Bigger smile: we'll see him again Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. I wonder if it'll be too crazy at the mall to take him to see Santa? Well...maybe a nice walk at the park would be better! :)

2 comments:

lightening said...

He is adorable. There's nothing like a hug from a child to make you smile. Thanks for participating this week. I hope you'll choose to join us again. :)

eileeninmd said...

I love Labs and Buddy looks like a great dog.

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over