Sunday, November 22

Sunday Stuff

I feel very stressed and anxious. I'm not sure why. It started when I got a PM (personal message) from another member of the new forum I found on OH. A lady I'd befriended last year found me on the new forum and thought she might like to join that board too. I encouraged her, saying oh yes, this board is very welcoming and very warm. Well, the PM said something to the effect of: be careful. This new lady is welcome if she behaves herself and doesn't stir up stuff as she's done on the state forum (the one in which you live) or on the surgery board.

And I thought: oh no, not again!

This other lady has been castigated and practically crucified on our surgery board almost every time she posts. The ones who trash and bash her say they are tired of her, that she's been around long enough to know better and shouldn't ask "is this or that food or behavior OK for me" when she knows they aren't. This lady and I corresponded before about why she seems to rub people the wrong way. I have to say, I don't get it. This lady says it's because she's thick and doesn't understand and she doesn't express herself well. I don't know if that's it. It feels more like she's the goat everyone picks on because they can upset her.

Anyway, I started to feel anxious, sick to my stomach. I went to lie down and I just kept thinking, why does this stuff have to go on everywhere? Is there no way to escape this? That new board didn't feel safe anymore. I feel disillusioned but don't want to say anything because it will set off "drama". The last thing I need or want right now is more drama.

I've been trying to relax about it, take deep breaths and tell myself it's not important. I don't understand yet why it's bothering me so much.







During his visit yesterday, Little T and I posed for a picture. Kennan was kind enough to take the picture for me. It's a big change over the last picture of T and me together--I was so much bigger!



This week's stolen meme: The party mummy meme

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Cicely Tyson

2. Where was your first kiss? the front seat of my friend's car

3. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex? If yes, why? My brother, when we were kids. We used to fight. :P

4. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? When?
Not by myself! I was in the Ethnomusialogical Society and also the concert choir when I was in high school

5. What's the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? Eye contact

6. What really turns you off? Bullying, bigotry and stereotyping

7. What is your biggest mistake? I'm too naive about trusting people

8. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose? N but I've imagined doing that

9. Say something totally random about yourself.
I love classical music

10. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity? Ha! No!

11. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows?
Define "kiddie". I watch Disney cartoon movies

12. Are you comfortable with your height?
Yes

13. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you?
Massaged my feet and put lotion on them, LOL. With my feet, that's true love!

14. When do you know it's love? When you are filled to burst with warm positive feelings toward another and can't imagine life without him or her

15. What's something that really annoys you? I thought I answered this one. Oh, wait...that was about things that turn me off. Okay, something that annoys me: rudeness

Unconscious Mutterings

  1. Marathon :: race

  2. Debt :: owe

  3. Turn :: spin

  4. Image :: picture

  5. Sofa :: couch

  6. Envelope :: letter

  7. Cart :: horse

  8. Process :: understand

  9. Question :: answer

  10. Rumor :: gossip

2 comments:

Jan said...

Great photo, and congratulations on being thinner.

Nancy in PA said...

Beautiful picture! :-)

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over