Saturday, May 22

GiST #34 and Saturday memes

Grace in Small Things #134


1. It turns out Kristin has a small miniscal tear and cyst in her left knee but it can be improved or fixed with surgery. The surgeon will repair it if possible and trim it if not.

2. We got Kristin's bag for her senior trip checked in without a hitch. My, how times have changed! In my day, there were no overnight trips. If there had been, we wouldn't have needed bag searches and drug dogs.

3. This morning, we dropped Kristin and two of her friends off at high school so they could be on their merry 4-day way! One friend's mother will pick them up when they arrive back (around midnight) and we did the early morning drop-off. Working together is a wonderful thing!

4. Shop Rite wasn't thinking of its customers today and I brought it to management's attention. I think I got on the nerves of the two managers there. Good. They had this in-store special but didn't have any set out. When TB asked, he was told it was in the back and packed--go get a rain check. When I asked for the refund, the managers said they couldn't because it's an "in-store special" and not in the flyer. Okay. I asked that the product get unpacked and that's when they got annoyed. Tough. I am happy I spoke up.

5. We stopped by a garage sale and picked up a couple of nice deals. TB got a used drill and I got a put-it-together kit (sort of like Marble Works) for Little T. And we spent $10.

Saturday Six

What 6 things do you do to keep cool on a hot day?

1. Turn on the air conditioning
2. Drink iced drinks
3. Wear shorts and tank tops
4. Turn on the fans
5. Take cool showers
6. Swim in cool water



Camera Critters




1. When was the last time that you felt your world got turned upside down?

Something like that may be happening to us depending on what happens with the house. The last time, though, was in 2001 when my first husband Rich died suddenly.

2. Should the United States do more to help its own citizens before helping people in other countries?

I don't think I'm in the minority when I say yes!

3. What was something you memorized for school and still can recall?

The times tables!

4. With what types of people do you tend to associate?

People who are basically like me. They tend to be warm, compassionate, and giving.

5. Besides blogging what is the last creative thing that you've done?

I worked on a story and did some creative writing

6. In nature, what outdoor activities do you enjoy the most?

Walking along a trail with my husband, especially if our grandson is along

7. When was the last time that you had a great belly laugh? That would be when our cat Munchkin tried to jump up on the coffee table but landed on a magazine instead and slid right off

8. What kind of fashion-sense attracts you?

Comfortable and sensible

9. What traits in others turn you off?

Selfishness, self-centeredness, bigotry and anger

The Saturday Six


1. Would you describe your desk as generally cluttered or generally neat?

Oh boy is it cluttered!

2. There’s the old saying about one’s clutter being “organized” just where he can find everything: considering the most cluttered part of your workspace, can you really find everything easily?

Pretty much--it's organized clutter. I don't have enough places to put things and most of it needs to be filed!

3. You have an important appointment to remember: where’s the first place you’re likely to make note of it: on a desk calendar, your computer, or your phone?

In my PDA, which is in my purse

4. Take the quiz: What Does Your Desk Say About You?



You Are a Creative Worker



You are a very personally expressive person, especially outside of work. Your individuality matters to you.



You draw a lot of inspiration and energy from the outside world. You get bored easily if you spend too much time alone.



You are confident and competent. You tend to not make mistakes, and you trust your judgment.



You are down to earth and practical. You achieve success one step at a time, by paying attention to details.


5. How many personal photos do you have on your desk, and who are the photos of?

I have pictures of TB and me, my kids and grandkids

6. Is your desk too big for you, too little, or just right?

I thought it would be just right but it's actually too little ... as usual. Oh well.

No comments:

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over