Monday, May 10

Weight Loss Progress (GiST #29), Mancat Monday & Movie Monday

1. I lost two more pounds this month so I'm doing a happy dance of delight! My weight loss has slowed down but it's supposed to at this point. I'm still moving toward that optimum number and if I hit it, I will really be doing the Snoopy dance. If not, I'm jigging anyway because:

My diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure are in remission
My back, hips and knees don't hurt around the clock the way they used to
I can walk and climb and I wasn't able to do that anymore before surgery
I can play freely with grandkids--Tomas, at this point in time.
I like the way I look in a mirror

2. The kids and TB all chipped in so I could get a body wave for my hair--another Mother's Day gift! Now I just need to go and do it.

3. Freecycle comes through again! This time we're supposed to pick up an air conditioner (for the kids' TV room upstairs) and a radio/CD player to replace the one in our bedroom

4. I got a good, solid 2 hour nap this afternoon. It was long but apparently well-needed!

5. Pain meds! I really worked that muscle in my thighs (the ones you use on a seesaw to push up off the ground, whatever that's called) and it really hurts a lot! I'm really hobbling like I haven't since before surgery! :( The meds bring welcome relief.


Cubby sez, dis is da bes way to keep warm onna cold May day!



Monday Movie Meme


Share on your blog how you budget for your movie fix and any ways that you save or splurge. Link back here at The Bumbles and don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

We're so strapped we don't go out to the movies anymore so here's what we do instead.

We'll scrape up spare cash to be able to splurge on movies from Block Buster. We'll rent a few and have a movie weekend. That's going fancy and lately, we just do that once every few months.

Sometimes we'll use Red Box. That's just a dollar and we always have a dollar.

There's the library which is not a bad idea. If you're lucky you can get one of the newer releases by checking in coming in at the right time.

There's always our own extensive library. Before TB became disabled, we bought movies nearly every week. We've got quite a lot to fall back on.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Yah, you're loosing!! Congrats!

Grace In Small Things

Blog Archive

Bloggers 50 & Over